Buying Sundown SA 12, need help with amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
94 camry, 1600 watts. no aftermarket electrical. Lil light dim when deep bass but other than that. Solid. i have 1000rms going to a sa-12 in a 2.2 cuft box.
So what your saying is ill get more out of it at 1 ohm? So 2 ohms at 800 watts isn't really 800watts?
Amps are rated differently, the hifonics is rated at 14.4V you wont be at 14.4 volt when your playing music on stock electrical heck even upgraded electrical doesnt stay at 14.4 sometimes. And the lower the voltage the lea the amp puts out. Also you have box rise your subwoofer doesnt stay at 1ohm, it goes up. So in reality if you wire to 1ohm instead of 1200W playing music you might onlybe seeing 800 maybe even less

So what your saying is ill get more out of it at 1 ohm? So 2 ohms at 800 watts isn't really 800watts?
Even if you wire to 2 ohms, your amp will not see that load all the time. If you wire to 1 ohm, you may see something like 600 watts of actual power. Usually less continuously, unless you listen to Decafed sine waves

Thanks so much guys, gonna order the Hifonics amp, the Sundown SA 12 D2, the amp kit and I just sent CSCStang a message to see how much it would be to make me a box. I got quoted $150 here in dallas so hopefully it matches around there

Thanks so much guys, gonna order the Hifonics amp, the Sundown SA 12 D2, the amp kit and I just sent CSCStang a message to see how much it would be to make me a box. I got quoted $150 here in dallas so hopefully it matches around there
Do the dimensions for sundowns box on their site fit in your vehicle?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.