Buying Sundown SA 12, need help with amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shesinmypants

Hey guys, buying a Sundown SA 12. Don't know wether to get 2 ohm or 4 ohm so when you guys recommend me a amp please tell me whether to get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub. My budget is $220 or below. Since I am already here, what do you guys think this sub sounds better in a ported or sealed box. Also any good sub or amp kits I can get under $50? Thanks guys, I plan on doing this order today

Well the d2 or d4 depend on your amp. For $220 you can probably find a decent amp AND a good amp kit. Id get the knukoncepts ofc 4gauge kit

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit:Amazon:Car Electronics

And amp well you have plenty of options. For tha SA you want ported sundown gives you a free box design for the sub on their website
I found this on craigslist Soundqubed amp (Q1-750 Amplifier)

Thanks, I added that amp kit in my cart. Do you think I should go for a used amp or new?

$200 for that amp is too much i was going to recommend that one or the 1200

the 750 goes for $215 new so if you can get it for like $150 thats decent.

i always buy used but from here only because on CL you don't know how the amps were treated

That's not bad, ill order that today actually. I am gonna wanna wire that to 2ohms right? So If I wanna wire it to 2 ohms what sundown sa should I get the 4ohms or 2 ohms?
Also, is there any risk on buying a refurbished amp? Thanks so much for info really helping me out
I think you would be better off getting the D2 and wiring to one ohm. After box rise, your amp will see even higher than 2 ohms most of the time. Also, the SA series can take well over 600 watts

I think you would be better off getting the D2 and wiring to one ohm. After box rise, your amp will see even higher than 2 ohms most of the time. Also, the SA series can take well over 600 watts
That's 1200 watts, I was reading on this forum yesterday that anything over 1000 watts im gonna have to upgrade my battery and such. Don't really wanna go that route

Yea a D2 sub so you can wire it to 1 ohm at the amp. Because as state abov on music you never see the output after box rise and voltage drop. Make sure you set your gains properly and youll be golden. Get a nice custom ported box for that SA youll be amazed. If you need one CSCStang on here makes boxes hes in socal but pm him might be abke to work out shipping a box to you

As long as there is awarranty of some sort no nothing. Wrong with buying refurbished if its from the manufactor

That's 1200 watts, I was reading on this forum yesterday that anything over 1000 watts im gonna have to upgrade my battery and such. Don't really wanna go that route
Every car is different my mazda is taking about 1800 watts with stock everything not even big 3. Now my Gmc truck on the other hand canttake more than 800 with agm under the hood, and big 3 in ofc 1/0 wire

Its not much over. Plus, your amp will not put out 1200 watts all day. Hifonics, like many other brands, over-rates their products. CEA is lenient. Also, with impedance rise, it would be seeing over 2 ohms normally. I've ran a LOT bigger amp on completely stock electrical (but would not recommend it).

If you wire higher, you'll be missing out. Just saying.

^There ya go^

When people come here wanting to run giant amps and push a bunch of high powered subs, we ALWAYS insist on electrical upgrades. There's no way around it. However, stock is fine for small stuff, depending on what your stock electrical consists of.

That's not to say I still don't recommend upgrading electrical. It couldn't hurt to add the big three and a second battery for any system.

^There ya go^
When people come here wanting to run giant amps and push a bunch of high powered subs, we ALWAYS insist on electrical upgrades. There's no way around it. However, stock is fine for small stuff, depending on what your stock electrical consists of.

That's not to say I still don't recommend upgrading electrical. It couldn't hurt to add the big three and a second battery for any system.
So what your saying is ill get more out of it at 1 ohm? So 2 ohms at 800 watts isn't really 800watts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.