buy american???

Joe562MMA
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i know one person myself} isnt gonna change much but is their many others on here that buy soly American made products?

i know the usual American made products are more pricey then the korean or chinese made amps and subs but are there other people on here that buy only American?

im goin purely US made an assembled products from now on

id like some insight from others on the best or good products i should look out for

i.e brands

Define American..... Are we talking about American electronics made from mostly imported components?

Is it "assembled" in America from a 99% overseas manufactured circuit board stuffed just being stuffed into a heat sink here in the USA? Zed comes to mind with this one.

Are there any true American electronics made here in the USA by Americans with American components? EDIT: I hate to burst your bubble, but this doesn't exist!

For Assembled in the USA you can try Butler, Linear Power, MMATS, Zed, and a handful of subwoofers. You're SOL for a source unit or advanced processor though. Sure Audiocontrol is still assembled mostly in the USA, but, they are far from what I would call advanced.

Define American..... Are we talking about American electronics made from mostly imported components?
Is it "assembled" in America from a 99% overseas manufactured circuit board stuffed just being stuffed into a heat sink here in the USA? Zed comes to mind with this one.

Are there any true American electronics made here in the USA by Americans with American components?
i have no clue that's why im asking theirs alot of knowledgeable people on here, beside the smart asses lol

my assumption mmats is

MMATS USA AMP FACTORY TOUR - YouTube

Yeah, mmats is the first thing that comes to mind. As far as advanced processors go, I'm pretty sure PS8 is made in the US. Arc signature series says they're made in the US. Some companies may even say they're made in the US, by which they mean the product was made abroad and they slapped the sticker on in the US. I'm also from LA...do you have a system in your car already?

I see where're you coming from with all this, but it may be hardly worth it. First, it's expensive and even at that, you can't be 100% sure that the money you've paid for the product is sponsoring solely American labor and parts. I've come to a pretty good medium myself. I have European made subs, American made PS8, chinese made arc KS amp, Korean made DD amp, and PA amp that claims it was "handcrafted in the USA," which I believe to be some BS. I also run all Knu, which is made in China.

Don't forget that even if something is made abroad and you're buying from a US company, you're still putting money into the American labor force. It takes labor for them to design and import the stuff, then process your order, and charge for doing that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif At the end, it's not all that bad.

Don't forget that even if something is made abroad and you're buying from a US company, you're still putting money into the American labor force. It takes labor for them to design and import the stuff, then process your order, and charge for doing that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif At the end, it's not all that bad.
Wealth is aggregated in a few hands in US compared to all those chinese kids getting their bag of rice and cabbage for a day. Meanwhile our unemployed are living off welfare. I doubt jacob from sundown has any more then 20 employees. While Chinese factories have at least several hundreds to thousands.

If I were in a more stable financial situation I would scrap my equipment to run Mmats monoblocks and a zed 6 channel.

I don't think the country something is manufactured in has anything to do with anything. I have personally seen Chevy car parts being assembled by American union workers who literally just did a few lines of cocaine at lunch. Is it any wonder why the Big 3 went and begged for money during the recession. I have seen many, many lazy, fat american union laborers just say fck it. I have seen things pass inspection without being inspected and I couldn't imagine how many people work in manufacturing facilities here in america that can't go without their Meth, pot..etc. I even saw a guy urinate into a vat of tomatoes at Red Gold. And it's comical when you see workers literally run out the door to their cars and drive like morons when their shift ends. It's like their still in elementary school.

American's as an overall consensus, just flat out don't give a fck, are selfish and greedy and it's very obvious just by looking at their lifestyles and their body, not to mention what they wear. Obviously it's stereotyping but remember stereotyping wouldn't exist unless it was at least 51% truth behind it.

What makes anyone think american workers somehow magically create better quality products than anyone else throughout the world? I think you're all just biased if not patriotic. But patriotism these days doesn't mean jack for me, especially since Obahma took office.

I love it when people preach about buying american cars then go shop at Walmart......

(Not to mention the idiocy of thinking any car is actually american made these days)

I love it when people preach about buying american cars then go shop at Walmart......
(Not to mention the idiocy of thinking any car is actually american made these days)
When I had my 2012 WRX, I had some local idiot giving me ish for not buying American as he walked over to his Camaro assembled in Canada. Oh the irony in his stupidity!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joe562MMA

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Joe562MMA
Los Angeles , CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date