Burning CDs or using USB for my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

twenteen

NYC
Hi first of all I would like to apologize for my noob questions, I've wasted so much time I figure I just ask here. I am trying to play high quality sound from my car. I have flac audio files and I converted them to wav format. Then I burned those wav files to a CD-R and tried to play it in my car, it didn’t work. I did a lot of googling, trial and error and found out that I had to convert the wav files to to .CDA in order for them to be played in my car.

My questions are:

- is there any quality loss when I burn the wav files to .cda?

- If I store the wav files on a USB will the quality be the same as the audio files played from a burned CD? Am I wasting my time putting it on a CD over a USB?

- What are my options so I don’t have to sacrifice any sound quality?

Hi first of all I would like to apologize for my noob questions, I've wasted so much time I figure I just ask here. I am trying to play high quality sound from my car. I have flac audio files and I converted them to wav format. Then I burned those wav files to a CD-R and tried to play it in my car, it didn’t work. I did a lot of googling, trial and error and found out that I had to convert the wav files to to .CDA in order for them to be played in my car.
My questions are:

- is there any quality loss when I burn the wav files to .cda?

- If I store the wav files on a USB will the quality be the same as the audio files played from a burned CD? Am I wasting my time putting it on a CD over a USB?

- What are my options so I don’t have to sacrifice any sound quality?
USB. CD is outdated and all the information is the same when you have lossless files.

Focus more on having a proper head unit with proper sound quality tuning options, a proper audio install with acoustical treatments, speaker placement and amplifier power rather than just the source because those make a much bigger impact on sound quality then just worrying about the source.

This means a person that takes care of these issues stream spotify via bluetooth it'll sound 10000x better than a guy that doesnt take care of any of this and just plays lossless files.

USB. CD is outdated and all the information is the same when you have lossless files.
Focus more on having a proper head unit with proper sound quality tuning options, a proper audio install with acoustical treatments, speaker placement and amplifier power rather than just the source because those make a much bigger impact on sound quality then just worrying about the source.

This means a person that takes care of these issues stream spotify via bluetooth it'll sound 10000x better than a guy that doesnt take care of any of this and just plays flac.
Thanks for the quick response. Ahh I don't know why I didn't pick up on that before : all the information is the same when you have lossless files. That makes sense. Thanks for the other pointers as well:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.