burned CDs in heat

MarcBrev
10+ year member

CA
here in CA it gets hot. for some reason my burned CDs always skip and make scratched noises in the heat but not in the cold. Is this common? I play my CDs in my stock CD BMW Alpine-made changer. does this happen in all CD changers? are there CD changers that prevent this? thanks

Umm, yeah I think you need to change you head unit, I live missouri, and I guarentee even though it says 90 in CA, and 75 in MO, that 75 is is like 400% humidity. talk about F'N hot. i hate it when it hits 90-100 it's like the surface of the sun or some crap.

Get a pioneer H/U they've never failed me yet.

i've own two different ones, the first i sold to get a better one :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

CT Sound made a name for themselves a few years back selling a bunch of amps that caught on fire. By my estimation the fist thing you should be...
You could run that sub on a 4 channel amp and have 2 channels left for amping front speakers. I just put a small system in my brothers car with a...
Are there any label making machines available that allow you to print directly on your currently owned heat shrink and not from a manufacturer...
Any air movement is helpful in keeping any amplifier running cooler as long as there is a way to release the heat build up. I install all my amps...
Upside down should be fine. Airflow is all that matters. My buddy did this install. I think 14 amps. Look at that sloppy wiring. 😂 Vegas don't play.

About this thread

MarcBrev

10+ year member
MarcBrev
CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from