Burbanhunters progress (right section lol)

Burbanhunter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
America
Ok the box was started today, but had to be started later in the afternoon because the installer/builders friend was in a car accident at 3 am yesterday so I told him to take his time and when he feels ready to start on his time. So this is the progress so far. I will be getting one more gallon of resin and order a roll of 19 oz glass mat for the bracing. I am going above the window line as you all can see. I will be triple baffling the face and doubling the MDF all the way around. This thing is a beast. With one baffle the height is about 24 inches, the width is 48 inches and the length is 52 inches. Big as hell I know. lol so get ready this box is about to be beastly. I honestly didn't think it would look this big.

The main installer/ builder (Shea)

DSC04916.jpg

The box

DSC04917.jpg

DSC04911.jpg

DSC04912.jpg

DSC04913.jpg

DSC04914.jpg

DSC04915.jpg

DSC04918.jpg

DSC04919.jpg

DSC04920.jpg

By popular demand

DSC04955.jpg

Finally got them off. FTW

Now more box pics. These are still the rough parts so know that take pics of ALL of the box build and not just the glorious ones. We ran into a problem today in the port. It is too big and will be fixed tomorrow. We didn't realize it until we put the face back on lol.

DSC04954.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

DSC04950.jpg

I had to get in too. lol

DSC04947.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

DSC04971.jpg

boxforme.jpg

This is kind of how I want my box we will be adding some surprised but this is the basics of it.

Ok for the car audio techs. What is the specs to make this port tuned at 30hz-35hz

L ( ) W ( ) H ( )

I know my installer will know, but I just want to find out for myself. Oh yeah could you also let me know how you got your answer I want to learn as I go.

I hope you are using a ton of screws and glue and no just nails and glue becaue when I tore out my wall i found out that the lower drivers side was loose. my box was 3 layers and when i built it I used a 5lb box of 1 5/8 a 5lb box of 1 1/4 and a 2.5lb box of 2 1/2's and 3/4 of a gallon of titbond. the way i did my seams was the first layer was screw from the side and the second layer was screwed from the bottom and the third layer was screwed from the side. i also used 2 1/2"s at an angle locking the layers together at the seams.I thought it was bomb-proof but wow was I wrong. so build it right the first time or you will be sorry you didnt

one other thing with the way the port looks and the placment of the subs.you could have backpressure problems with the 2 subs sitting by it. not saying you will but you dont want that to happen.I built a crx box for 2 9510d's it was 21w 12h 18d with a custom 7.5" areo port out the back and my first full volume burp smoked the first sub dust cap went flying and the cone got shredded so I plugged the woofer hole and did the same exact thing to the other said thing was it only did like a 146 on the TL. I found out that it was the motor beacuse they were only like 1" away from the side's of the box and that created a deadly back pressure on the subs. so my next box i built it 24" wide and never had that problem again.

Lookin good....how many fukin cubes is that box?
about 27 or 28

I have an all black 99 suburban. For the love of good please remove the chrome fender trim and the rubber door guard trim as well...
good luck with your progress...take a lot of pics!!
I will lol just have to get the truck painted to give it a new look.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.