Bumpin in the cold

you'll ruin your sub. the suspension will literally freeze stiff, and when you apply power to it, you'll break the suspension, and cause the cone to lock up and within seconds you'll fry your voice coils. that's why i have shut down my system till spring

Im more than sure you can bump in the cold, but you have to let it warm up very slowly/long before going anywhere near the normal playing volumes. Thats my idea.

Anybody?

you'll ruin your sub. the suspension will literally freeze stiff, and when you apply power to it, you'll break the suspension, and cause the cone to lock up and within seconds you'll fry your voice coils. that's why i have shut down my system till spring
Oh jeez. That is a smart move, but Im assuming its only when its literally too cold to play. If its normal weather in the winter with little wind, my guess is let the heater warm up the subs (with the seats down) and try to do that first before turning it on.

PS: Waiting for spring will be too painful for me to do, I need my bass, lol.

Well I warmed it up for about 40 mints once before i turned it loud, and then still it was almost like a dull thud

and im talking about temps in the 20's and teens.. it snowed where i live today.

there really is no problem, if any some of the equipment may need to just warm up a little before being able to play at full volume, I really don't see any way of potentially damaging anything.

Im more than sure you can bump in the cold, but you have to let it warm up very slowly/long before going anywhere near the normal playing volumes. Thats my idea.
Anybody?

Oh jeez. That is a smart move, but Im assuming its only when its literally too cold to play. If its normal weather in the winter with little wind, my guess is let the heater warm up the subs (with the seats down) and try to do that first before turning it on.

PS: Waiting for spring will be too painful for me to do, I need my bass, lol.
i have thought of getting a power inverter and putting heat tape around the magnet to warm it up. in michigan the winters are brutal. stereos are one of many sacrifices we have to make //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.