Built a whole new system in my new car and something went wrong

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrbadwrench
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
I just bought a 2002 saturn sl2 so I decided to go all out on the audio system..

To start i put in the following:

Sony deck (high end one, not walmart)

Sony speakers from walmart in the front

no speakers in the back for the time being

rockford punch 450w x 4 amplifier for the speakers

2x 10 inch alpine type r subs in a sub zero ported box

2x alpine v-power 450 watt amps for the subs

high end kicker wiring

Now that sounded pretty decent, but I wanted to get a little bit of bass from the front as well because the wal-mart sony speakers obviously werent cutting it. So i went and bought alpine type-s component speakers. I got them all hooked up and something must be terribly wrong. I know I have the polaritys right, but the woofer seems to be trying to send most of the highs while the tweeter is trying to send all the lows... This speaker setup doesnt come with an external crossover so i dont know what could possibly be wrong.. Please help with any suggestions to figure this out!

well also could be you wired one of the drivers into the input and wired the input into one of the drivers.
oh wait a sec those don't have crossovers? weak! idfk good luck LOL. are the inducers built into the bottem of the speakers and tweets I wonder... How do those connections work is there a 4way terminal block on the woofer with inputs and outputs for the tweets? my guess is that you have wired the input to where you should be wiring the tweets and vise versa.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.