? about grounding rca's

jflash
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I dropped my amp (kicker zx750.1) off to get repaired. I get power and the amp does not go into protect mode but i get no sound output. The repair tech had no problems with it and after 1 1/2 hours of continuous play, it never cut out on him. He took me in the back to show me that it was working. The only difference was he had the negative part on the rca's going to the input soldered to a ground. When he unhooked the rca ground the output would cut out.

Now here is the part im not sure about because i don't know if he was trying to drum up more business or not. He told me i couldn't ground the rca's with a stock hu as it would damage the hu. I have a 2007 mazdaspeed3 with the stock stereo. Also, the amp was in the car for about a year working perfectly with no ground to the rca's.

flim flam the sham bam muh broseph toastest. understandid bruh? whens the flam of the flim is said you is dooped. grounded them bishes! tem ar see ayes!

honetlyive never heard of this issue lol. normally grounding rca's is to try and reduce engine. like the pioneer pico fuse issue.

I think I need to do this for my setup my amp has a small pop when I shut the system off other then that it works fine tho but I do have a pioneer head unit but grounding the rcas at the amp doesn't sound too time consuming.

Well i quickly ran a ground from where my amp is grounded in my car to the rca's. Still did not turn on. Maybe ill try to call kicker?

lmao!! Do i have to ground them to the hu or can i run it to my amp ground?
like dis

644225.jpg

no. i still have the stock stereo. i just ran wire from where my amp is grounded to the rca's. i dont know how i would do that with the stock stereo?

Save your money and time and break down and buy an aftermarket HU,the one you have may have a built in amplifier in which creates issues with aftermarket add ons,amps ect.I had that issue with a 2006 TA with stock stereo and amplifier built in \problem??? Answer/ Replaced w after market unit!!!!

There is no built in amp. I specifically skipped getting the blows system for that reason. The thing that gets me is why would it work fine for so long then all of a sudden stop?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.