building my first box

emd023
10+ year member

I have a single lanzar opti1232D and a rockford p1000-1bd mono amp. I am looking for more SQ and clean deep bass. Do i need a ported or sealed box? recommended for sealed is .8 cu ft. For ported it says either 1.1 or 1.8. What do you think?

READ
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/68635-sealed-vs-ported-basic-info.html

There are other factors we need to know. Like: What music do you like, what kind of car? Etc.... Tell us as much as you can, and since your next question will likely be, "Can someone design me a box?" Watch this:

Can someone please explain what he is referring to at 9:25? Also, the way it was done in sketchup it appears he took .75 inches off the width of the port when he added the back of the box. Is this how it's supposed to be done?

Also, how is it possible to seal all seams of the port?

Can someone please explain what he is referring to at 9:25? Also, the way it was done in sketchup it appears he took .75 inches off the width of the port when he added the back of the box. Is this how it's supposed to be done?
Also, how is it possible to seal all seams of the port?
Not sure on the 9:25, read through some but not all. The .75 that was taken off was the thickness of the wood being used. To seal all the seams for the port, and rest of the box a lot of people use silicone along the inside edges of the box, some also use fiberglass. Either, or, would be sufficient for your application.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.