First time blow through Technical advice needed for air flow

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm going to post 2 photos to show exactly what I mean

I initially was dead set on three 10s or three 12s for a standard cab blow through.This design was gonna bring the sub box flush to the front bed sealed against the accordian boot. And inset the subs into the cut out a few inches ... So I cut out and sealed in 10ft of Accordian boot and sealed it around edges with real polyurethane windshield caulk 13.5 H x 39across . Turned out wonderful.

I had "Ditched" the stock plastic rear cab panel and made a rear cab back panel from 1/2 mdf and vinyl wrapped it and cut out the same accordian boot dimensions.

Did not like the exact look of the panel or how it fit so I put correct formed "stock back panel in the truck .

Now where my dilemma stand !

I'll have an aero port squared box design with "two 12s going to be flushed and sealed up to the front of the bed into the original 13.5" Tall X 39" across opening with the drivers and port firing into the cab.

But now since I'm using my stock back panel inside cab Will I be ok with a smaller air inlet or a few of them cut out of the plastic to direct the box "Air flow" into the cab . Will any of this extra "accordian"opening behind the actual "interior panel be ok as sealed open dead space now that I've narrowed thinga down .

A very well known box builder online told me you want a blow through box to really be sealed to the cab wall or bed wall flush to allow all the air flow and sound into the cab VS just a ported box designed free floating anywhere in the bed with the bass and air flow traveling inside the bed.

I get the concept but I need to know how I should cut out the Stock interior back panel I know the hole don't have to be large at all seeing as the box will be sealed flush to the accordian cutout and still flow air into cab . Is this mainly just at will design however people choose to cut out the inlet for looks purpose?

This post has been promoted to an article

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.