Building a setup for a friend

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
My friend wants to get some subs, and he wants to get decent bumpage for under 500 bucks. He drive a Honda accord, so I was thinking 3 10" subs will do him well. I'll build the box myself so it's to spec and tuned right. Here's what I was thinking...

Three RE Audio REX10D4's, powered by a RF PRIME R500-1. The RF Amp underpowers the subs by a very small amount, but I think he'd be very satisfied with this system.

The subs, amp, wiring kit, and the box I'll build him, he's looking at 450 dollars, sound like a good deal?

Is he buying new? If so convince him to buy used so he can get better stuff..You could get a 1000rms+ amp a 2 decent 12" subs for about the same. I believe those are the lower or lowest re line and that rf aint sh it. .02

Reguardless, i'm sure he'd be more then happy w/ what you listed. I'm just sayin he could get better for the money.

Def look at used.....more bang for the buck. And most people sell their gear here before even breaking it in. Some poor broke fackers here too. Selling gear cheap.

He said "he's not trying to shake his rear view mirror off". He says he prefers new (He apparently has been ripped off on the internet before, so he wants to go through someone official, so new is out the window.

He wants 10s, to save box space, he doesn't care how many. I picked three because I knew i could make a reasonable sized box for them.

I guess the question now is, should he get three lower end subs, or two higher end 10s?

P.S. I'm really trying to keep with RE Audio, because I kinda want to use him as a test subject to see if I'm going to be RE in my next build. I'm sure RE is a good brand, it's just that I'm impressed with my P1s and IDK if I'm going to want to switch from RF when i do eventually upgrade.

If he's not trying to knock his mirror off tell him to get 1 12" and that little rf amp.

box space 3 10's vs. 2 12's...Answers itself..

Alot of guys on here are good sellers. Make sure they have a decent amount of ref's though...I don't remember the last time i bought new..I havn't had any prob buying on here minus 1 time..but did end up getting said item.

sounds good, like I said, I'd like to keep it RE, so I can kinda use him as a test subject (lol). I'll probably end up reccomending the SEX12D4 and that little RF 500w amp

fair enough, but I enjoy dealing with SonicElec. so if these better subs you speak of are on there, in or around the $150 mark, I'd be happy to listen.

If you get the RF 500 just be aware that it can get very hot on a 2 ohm load. It doesn't go into protect, but just make sure that it's mounted in a place where it won't be starved of an airway. Other than that, it's a great amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fair enough, but I enjoy dealing with SonicElec. so if these better subs you speak of are on there, in or around the $150 mark, I'd be happy to listen.
to narrow of a field to even look. I don't like the that company way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.