New here! What kind of quality can I expect from a hard wired FM Modulator?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jamor

New to the forum. I love and thrive on high quality music. Unfortunately I'm also on a budget and can't be spending galore but am willing to shell out between $100-$200ish including install.

I have a 2003 Lincoln LS v8 with a 6 CD changer. I'm getting really sick of burning CDs, loading CDs, not knowing where my favorite song is. Just a pain, hard to organize, etc.. I also have a Zune player with a zune pass and you can't burn the protected songs. What I do love is the quality of CDs because I can burn 192 bits and up.

I'm not interested in upgrading my speakers (at the moment) as the stock are decent (I know they don't compare to aftermarket stereo systems however).

To the point

My problem is not having an auxillary jack to hook up my Zune HD or my Android Phone to play music.

I believe I have a couple options -

1. I could remove the entire deck and put in an aftermarket setup (but then I'd lose my 6 CD changer and I do still want to put in a CD from time to time).

2. I could purchase and install an FM modulator. This would allow me to keep my 6 CD changer and I have a couple different options on mounting the FM Modulator.

I went to a local shop and they recommended an FM modulator iSimpleTranzIt™ USB IS32 Universal Audio Kit for MP3 players and MP3 playing phones. They want $89 for the unit + $50 to install (and a $50 down payment before they order the unit). However I did find it cheaper online.

You can google the product to check the description it - model is IS32.

So, how much quality am I losing if I purchase the product listed above? I'm used to listening to CDs with 192 bit and up. Will it cut in and out if I'm in a poor radio area?

Does anyone have any experience with one of these or recommend another route that is under $200 including install?

I just don't want to shell out the money only to find out my favorite songs now sound like crap after listening to CDs all this time.

Thanks in advance.

Most car stereo shops charge extra for not using there equipment. So in the long run it may be cheaper to buy there's. just a fyi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.