Buffing, Waxing, and Polishing

I don't know what kind of detailer kizzo claims to be, but apparently not a good one. You NEVER want to use just water to clay bar your car. You'll be waist deep in scratches. I sometimes clay while washing, because car shampoo has great lubricity. Unfortunately, some clays don't like shampoo and they deteriorate by using this method, leaving the classic quick detailer and clay method posted by bri.

Now, here's the important thing: waxing won't yield good results unless the surface is prepared. You can take a scratched lamborghini and give it a coat of Zymol Royale and it won't look as good as a flawless honda civic covered in turtle wax platinum. Since you seem to be a beginner, I suggest that you go to Lowes and pick up a Porter Cable 7424 or 7336 random orbital polisher. It will be found near the sanders (it is a sander, but people use it for polishing), and runs under 100 bucks now. Go online to autogeek.net and pick up some pads for your polisher, and once you've done that, it's time to pick a polish. What kind of defects are there? Simple swirl marks, or deep scratches? A wax won't do anything for either, but some synthetic waxes (sealants) can have silicone filling agents that will hide some fine scratches and swirls. However, the only way to remove them is by polishing which is simply using an abrasive on your paint to remove the bad part of the clearcoat and get down to the fresh paint. If you're willing to go this far, then LMK and I'll tell you a little about your polishing options, otherwise, you should be content with NXT as it's about as good as it gets as far as filling scratches goes.

Hope that helped. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And Grant, clay barring really is the only simple way to remove sediments. It might take awhile, and you may need an aggressive clay, but there really aren't any other good options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Trey803

5,000+ posts
GAMECOCKS
Trey803
SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date