Budget Mids $400-600 dollars plz help

Bloodhound34
10+ year member

I've got a 98 Camaro with a Monsoon system. I've been looking to replace all 3 pairs of the stock speakers. I've only got 400-600 dollars to spend on 3 pairs. I listen to anything from rap to metal. I really need these replaced soon. It is so annoying to listen to the buzz and rattle of blown speakers, but I also need to replace them all at the same time along with a HU because of the Monsoon system.

I was looking for some suggestions. What size should I replace each with? What kind? Where should I buy them? Any links would be appreciated. I don't really want to deal with Ebay but if needed I may be able to.

I was also wondering what else I'll need besides the speakers? I know speaker wire, but I still don't know how much or what gage.

Any help is appreciated!

any reason not to spend the 4-500 on 1 set of nice comps and 100 or so on materials. or 400 on comps ~150 on amp and 50 on 4ga ampkit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Instead of replacing All drivers in that car I would focus more on a solid 2 or 3 way system up front. Within that budget it could Easily be done with some coin leftover to throw back into your pocket.

Do you plan on purchasing an amp as well?

im not sure how 3 sets of comps would sound in a car, i am using 1 set of cdt classic comps in the front and cdt coax for rear fill and am extremly happy with how they sound. Research the Cdt line of comps, they have some of the best sounding speaker i have ever owned and i have tryed, mb quart, infity and polk audio

Here is a link the the cdt comps i have

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4596

With those Camaros the factory amp has the speakers individually crossed over anyway doesn't it? I was under the impression that there was no full range output from the system but I could have it mixed up with another car...

Anyway, I wouldn't replace all 3 pairs of speakers, instead I would focus on nicer fronts and perhaps a sub to replace the low frequency middle drivers.

well not only that but they are 8 ohm speakers factory, doubt the guy is going to use factory power or anything.. unfortunatly with the fbody when you do a stereo you gotta do the whole thing and your options are limited due to space and design. like many have said and specially comming from a fellow fbody ls1 owner... dont run a 6 channel setup in there... get some good comps for the front and a sub in the back... if you feel the need to add rear fill later toss um in the back seat stock locations you can add some 6.5"-8" speakers back there but you wont need to if you do it right the first time.

Next

is this 4-600 the total budget including head unit? or just for comps ?????????.. if only comps talk to 6speed about some geraniums and end the thread right there } : >

i thought this man said he had blown speakers, in that case replace the front ones with components put mid bass drivers in one and a sub in the bck. If he has $500 for a hu, amp, and 3 sets of speaks then he is going to have a problem i think.

I've got 400 dollars for the speakers and amp if the amp is even necessary as of now. I just can't deal with the blown speakers anymore. I feel like just driving into a tree when they buzz and rattle.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif I can scrounge around and get probably another 200 dollars if it will provide a noticable boost in performance making 600 total.

If I go with just the two up front and two tweets up front will that sound weird at all w/o subs? What do I do with the rest of my stock speakers?

See I'm going to replace my entire system eventually but I needed to start with comps first b/c of the blow speakers, and I don't have enuf money to add subs just yet. I've got only enuf money for a new HU and speakers, and unfortunately I have the monsoon system in it which forces me to do all this at the same time b/c of the factory HU, amp, and speakers.

well I think the amp is in the left side of the trunk and runs everything so you need to bypass it IIRC. There is a 2way up front and then speakers in the pillars also right. I would just get a good 2way setup for the fronts that is runn off an amp and thats its.

So what speakers should I get and what amp should I get? And what should I do with the speakers that are in there? Just take them out, or disconnect them and leave them in? or what?

BTW yes the amp does run everything, that is why everything needs to be replaced at once.

Speakers

- 2x in doors

- 4x in pillars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.