Budget head unit recommendations?

Clevelander

I have an 03 Lexus IS300 and I've decided I want to start building up my audio system.... gotta start with the head unit first! I don't really need anything fancy. Not really looking to spend any more than $150 perhaps a few bucks more if it's really worth it. I plan on eventually getting a sub and possibly after market speakers as well. What would you guys recommend?

I just installed a refurbed Clarion CZ702 in my car and im more then happy with it. They have them for $117 to $150 on amazon. it has blue tooth, aux input on the front, a really long usb on the back and you can go 3 way active if you want. I like it.

If you are just putting in a head unit and still using the factory speakers, you will need an interface for your amp to turn on and your speakers to work (TYTO-01). There are a few different dash kits available, but if you want clean and an exact match to the factory dash, get the JDM dash kit, for double dins (Lexus 1st Gen IS Double Din). I have ordered from here before without issues when I owned my IS300.

If you purchase through crutchfield.com, they usually add the install gear for free, and usually offer dicounts on the interfaces that are needed. That has been the outcome when I have purchased from them, but my vehicles have not been as hitech as a lexus though, but it doesn't cost anything to look. Good luck with your search dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.