Budget build worries😫

Participant count
  • Participant list

Screwhead

Texassss
I'm working on a budget build for my father in law and need some help, first Im stuck between 12s or 15s as for subs im thinking Hds3's, are they accurate ? He listens to a lot of Mexican music "Corridos" would these subs be up for the challenge? Going ported, will all be installed in Tahoe powered by a 2,200 sq amp.

Help..

[quote name='Screwhead']I'm working on a budget build for my father in law and need some help, first Im stuck between 12s or 15s as for subs im thinking Hds3's, are they accurate ? He listens to a lot of Mexican music "Corridos" would these subs be up for the challenge? Going ported, will all be installed in Tahoe powered by a 2,200 sq amp.
Help..[/QUOTE]

Definitely hit up @CSCStang for a T line box design. Perfect for that sort of music genre. Most of anything else wont even hit the upper registries of bass and corridos is all 55hz and up to 120 hz With a few 45hz drops here and there. Any box tuned low is a waste of time for him as corridos is the exact opposite of decaf which most people on here will blindly recommend a low 30s tuning without knowing how sh*tty and weak it'll sound on mexican music.

Would I still be able to go with 15s? And how high would the tunning be? Thanks for the heads up
maybe, but you need to realize 2 15s in a t-line is going to be a MASSIVE box. willing to give up 10-15 cubes?

I'm working on a budget build for my father in law and need some help, first Im stuck between 12s or 15s as for subs im thinking Hds3's, are they accurate ? He listens to a lot of Mexican music "Corridos" would these subs be up for the challenge? Going ported, will all be installed in Tahoe powered by a 2,200 sq amp. Help..
Massive Torox 104........58.4fs. 2 of these in a tline would be ideal for Corridos and very loud. Box wouldn't have to be crazy big either.

One more week till I put the tline sitting on my living room floor stang built me in my truck and get to hear it... Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW measure out the length x width x height of the space you can give up and people can help you a lot more. Post that asap and we will know if you can run a pair of 10s or a pair of 12s
31 x 47 w x 21 h is what I have to work with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.