Budget Audi A4 setup...New HU or Sound Processor?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rxer311
10+ year member

Pa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I bought my A4 I told myself I wasn't going to touch the audio system. I thought stock is good enough. Wrong. It is more awful every day. So here is what I picked up and somethings I need suggestions for.

Amp:

Cadence Xenith 125.4. Puts out 80w per channel at 4ohm and 125w at 2 ohm.

Front Stage:

Just ordered a set of Crescendo 6.5" components to run off the front 2 stages of my amp. Going to get a sensitive set of Coax speakers for rear fill to run off the HU.

Subs:

I just traded into my possession a pair of 10" Boston G1 subs. I was going to run them in a sealed box with 1 cubic foot of airspace. They are sensitive enough to work with 125w at 2ohm.

HU:

Still need a HU but that is where the fun comes in. From what I hear Audis are a PITA. I have 2 options. Run a sound processor like an Audiocontrol LC6i or go aftermarket for the whole thing. What would you all recommend? Pros of the sound processor are that I keep my factory steering wheel countrols, sirius tuner, and 6 disc changer. Cons are less adjustability and no sub control. Pros of an aftermarket HU are more adjustability and control. Cons are a higher cost (to get a sirius tuner for it and the wiring harness to maintain my factory steering wheel controls).

What do you all think about my budget system? Help with my HU

It comes down to what is more important to you.

Features, or stock look and digital processing.

Best of luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.