Buck's first TL score

Re-reading through the email that PWK sent me, this is not meant to hit low and be loud at the same time. Here's what he said:

It's ready. Attached are your blueprints. As you can see, it is a relatively straight-forward bass-reflex design intended to offer you

plenty of efficiency and accuracy for a variety of different music

genres to be reproduced without any coloration. Expect an in-cabin

response extending well into the upper 20Hz region. Your overall

response curve is virtually flat from 50Hz up to 80Hz and, from 50Hz

down, there is a shallow roll-off so you may find that a little bit of

bass boost around 35Hz may offer a more linear response throughout the

entire spectrum. The enclosure is designed for the woofer to fire

forward and the two vents to fire up. For the woofer's protection, set

your subsonic filter between 28Hz and 30Hz.

I dont see how people can only pull low 140s with over 1,000rms and good equipment. When I put my friends system in my Expo, it was doing almost a 141 legal @ 38-40hz on music. System was 2 Xplod 12s in a ported box on a Soundstorm 2 channel amp... Like 300-400 watts max.

Build a better box. Even with 1,200rms you should be way over that, especially with a tiny cabin and a huge 18" cone.

That box is way too complicated. There's way too much bending of the port and distractions. Aeroports are nice and simple and allow for easy entrance/exit of air flow. It should help you a ton.

Yeah new box for sure. 140 is a little weak for an 18" regardless of wattage. The first box I ever had metered did a 144.6, one 12" Fi SSD in a 2 cube slot ported box tuned to 35 hz. I burped it with a 3,000 watt amp though, so I imagine the score would be ~142 with a 1000 watt amp.

I have no idea, but it's looking like it's really high.
Nope, your current box appears to be tuned real low.

I dont see how people can only pull low 140s with over 1,000rms and good equipment. When I put my friends system in my Expo, it was doing almost a 141 legal @ 38-40hz on music. System was 2 Xplod 12s in a ported box on a Soundstorm 2 channel amp... Like 300-400 watts max.
Build a better box. Even with 1,200rms you should be way over that, especially with a tiny cabin and a huge 18" cone.
For some reason my truck cabin *****. I have taken my old FI Q 15 and put it in a Nissan Xterra and it was louder on less wattage. It stayed in the same box. The type of vehicle it's in does make a difference.

For some reason my truck cabin *****. I have taken my old FI Q 15 and put it in a Nissan Xterra and it was louder on less wattage. It stayed in the same box. The type of vehicle it's in does make a difference.
this

That box is way too complicated. There's way too much bending of the port and distractions. Aeroports are nice and simple and allow for easy entrance/exit of air flow. It should help you a ton.
Ya, I know. Going to try it.

Thats what his program says... Put it in a car and that graph is almost worthless.
But the box does what he says it will do. Think about it. He says I might want to use bass boost at 35 hz. Which kind of shows the tuning, and might explain why my 40 hz score was bad. He said from 50-80 it would be flat. What did I get the highest score at? 53 hz. Right before the 50hz roll off.

Build a box thats 50" across, 20" deep, and 20" tall. Sub firing up, 3 6" Aeros firing to drivers side at low as you can fit them on the box. Make them about 13" long to start.

New box has too many turns and twists. Honestly, every single design of Petes is like this. They just dont preform. There is a guy locally who had a new Yukon with 4 DD 9518s. Pete designed the box, subs up/port back. 2 Hifonics Goliath. Sounded awesome on rock music, but when he tried to meter it, it only did a 148 and change peak.

Build a box thats 50" across, 20" deep, and 20" tall. Sub firing up, 3 6" Aeros firing to drivers side at low as you can fit them on the box. Make them about 13" long to start.
You mean forward firing port but on the drivers side? And there's no way I'm going to build a box that big for 1 18". I would rather go with external aeros. 20 inches deep is about as much depth as I can fit, and I'd have to relocate everything.

sub up on the passenger side and ports sideways facing driver side and the ports need to be 6" from the driver side
Ok I can do this. I can't really do that box design though. I can get a 6 cub^3 or so box and then just add the ports on the outside to change the length easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.