Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
Here's a new thread for Buck Box Designs! My other thread got cluttered, so here's a new one. Hopefully this thread doesn't get too cluttered; I like to share what I design with others so they can see it. Anyways, I design boxes, and I have a builder who builds them. I'll post completed designs that people have asked me to do for them, and I will also occasionally post boxes that my box builder builds, that I have designed.

First box for the new thread, for my box builder:

Single DC Level 6 15 Ported, going in the back of a pickup truck cabin. This window was hard to fit in here. The DC's are small box woofers, relatively, and this sub wants a larger port, and that takes up a lot of my window-space. This sub is 4500w RMS. That's a lot of power.

I am moving very soon, I may be offline for a while. Thanks to all of you who worked with me to design your systems and enclosures; you guys have given me the opportunity to do things that I couldn't before. Big shout out to all the people who've gotten designs from me so far!!! <3

How much is a sheet of birch? I just got a sheet of mdf yesterday and it was over $40 for one sheet😳

Real 13 ply ¾" Russian Baltic Birch was over $100/sheet a couple of weeks ago. The 1" 17 ply Russian Baltic Birch was only about $90/sheet. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. The Birch at Lowe's and Home Depot really isn't good Birch at all. It basically just has a thin veneer of Birch over cheap plywood.

Last edited:
I'm back online, for right now. I'm having to possibly change my life some, but for now I am definitely back online. I may have to limit my individual designs to work on some other stuff. I am trying to finish the designs for who have already contacted me. I'll have to see if I can catch breaks from some of the stuff I'm doing now. I got to see my builder's entire shop for the first time, and I spent all day yesterday up there. Got to watch the CNC cut some wood and cut out JL inlay.

Long time customer building a box I designed for 2 x-12's. There will be 2 posts for this one, I received a lot of pics. The box isn't finished yet, there will be more finishing to come.

This is what it's all about right here: music, friends, and fun.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...