Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

So, it's mostly built. I'm not sure how much more this will be worked on. This was built basically within a week of me designing it, which was the plan. It's somewhat difficult to calculate volumes on boxes like these, because of all of the angles. Tough more or less means time consuming; there's a lot of back and forth and more back and forth until everything lines up.

But anyways, here is this massive wall style box inside of a relatively small vehicle. I'm surprised at how much space is truly inside of this vehicle; the vehile is a Scion tC. This wall's interior shell is over 23 cubes, with 1.5" all around:

View attachment 31895

View attachment 31896

I'm digging that purple!!! Keep in mind this is just a freshly done build. This whole box was just built from nothing this past week.

We'll have to see how it plays; it's definitely tuned to play very low, but I did my best to make this box have a wide range. I'm not sure when it'll be playing. I think the amps are 2x full bridge 8000w amps (per amp). So, lol, we'll see how it plays. That's a lot of potential power, and the system is powered by a significant bank of lithium and a large HO alt.

I'll let you guys know what I know, whenever I do. This wall was trying something new or different for the owner, so we'll see how he likes it. I designed this wall in a fashion to make it modifiable without too much work. It's a lot to explain, but I like to leave potential future options open, so you don't have to build an entirely new wall, you can just change what you have a little big.

Big shout out to the owner for building this monster. These angles and lining up everything is quite challenging! Looks proper.

Owner said he already cracked his windshield, and that was probably over a week ago.

The F8L's only need .55 cubes, and they have a Fs of ~32 hz, and a RMS of 650, and that's impressive. You could do like a 2.5-3 cube series 6th for two of those, and it'd be sick.
[/QUOTE]
can you think of any other 8’s or even a 10” that would work well in this type enclosure?

The F8L's only need .55 cubes, and they have a Fs of ~32 hz, and a RMS of 650, and that's impressive. You could do like a 2.5-3 cube series 6th for two of those, and it'd be sick.
can you think of any other 8’s or even a 10” that would work well in this type enclosure?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably a lot of 10's would. Idk if any 8 is coming close to that Fs of the F8L. That may be one of the most musical 8's with high power handling, at least that I've seen. That .55 cubes net per woofer is hard to beat, man. So is that 32 Fs. That's a really good design.

5 American Bass Hawk 12's going in a small to medium size 4 door sedan on a 13,500 watt rated full bridge amp.

The amplifier is subject to change. This will be ran at either .4 or 1.6 ohms. The box is tuned largely for low end daily type music, with a goal of maintaining decent SPL score.

[/QUOTE]

Look at the Toro 8's.

Both of those have relatively low xmax's and fairly high Fs's. I'm not sure if I'm believing the frequency response listed down to 20 hz, lol. I've never heard them before; the way the info sheets are presented reminds me of American Bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...