Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

I’m just targeted, apparently. It has to be that I’m a vendor or the only vendor; it’s easy to target the only vendor on a supposed-to-be-moderated-forum-but-not. Nobody else has a thread for losers with personal problems to do their emotional dumping inside of.

I mean, I have strong words, sometimes. But I keep it relevant to the discussion. My idea is that if everyone is happy, then there’s nothing to fight over. I’ll strongly disagree with people about some things- but I’m not going to hurt anything other than feelings, even if that lol. Hating people gets me nowhere. I do hate the actions of some people, but I don’t waste hating people; I’d rather build up my own life.

I do love a good debate, though. It’s a shame that some can’t handle the Thunderdome. I’m always surprised when I have so much power over someone’s emotions. I’m not trying to, lol. Oh well: welcome to internet.

I didn't start the ****. I let it slide last night, but when it happened again today I was forced to respond. No hard feelings. All in good fun.

If a garage isn't a mess, then it's not being used properly! Hearing my box made your system sound better is so nice. That's always my main goal: I aim to make all the components in your system work together for the best sound, based off how I design.

Idk at what level people are able to see my boxes, but I don't just design for the sub or your ears. A big hidden component of a box design is how box size, tuning, port area, and sub/port location affect the flow of electricity through the speaker, therefore that also changes the states of the amplifier, which means it changes the state of your entire electrical system. That's all frequency dependent. I try to design boxes, depending on what's truly wanted, to be as electrically consistent as possible, say with a music box. Your box design can make you have electrical problems, and they can be very severe.
I can confirm Buck thinks about acoustics. He placed my drivers in a really weird configuration for acoustic / spl purposes.

I have an obsession, lol:

2 Digital Designs 9918 esp's going in a small 2 door coupe in a B-pillar wall. This box is not much smaller than the car itself. This will be on lots of watts, at least amps rated for lots and lots of watts. The amps may change over time, but the wattage rating, iirc, is 16,000 watts. It's tuned very low, as well. Goal is very loud low bass and extension of bandwidth up as high as possible. These 18's weigh about 90 pounds a piece, and they are ~12" mounting depth. It was difficult to find any layout that would work. I couldn't help but do this like I did it. The shape of this shell spoke to me.

View attachment 31646

View attachment 31647

View attachment 31648

View attachment 31649

View attachment 31650

View attachment 31651

So, it's mostly built. I'm not sure how much more this will be worked on. This was built basically within a week of me designing it, which was the plan. It's somewhat difficult to calculate volumes on boxes like these, because of all of the angles. Tough more or less means time consuming; there's a lot of back and forth and more back and forth until everything lines up.

But anyways, here is this massive wall style box inside of a relatively small vehicle. I'm surprised at how much space is truly inside of this vehicle; the vehile is a Scion tC. This wall's interior shell is over 23 cubes, with 1.5" all around:

I'm digging that purple!!! Keep in mind this is just a freshly done build. This whole box was just built from nothing this past week.

We'll have to see how it plays; it's definitely tuned to play very low, but I did my best to make this box have a wide range. I'm not sure when it'll be playing. I think the amps are 2x full bridge 8000w amps (per amp). So, lol, we'll see how it plays. That's a lot of potential power, and the system is powered by a significant bank of lithium and a large HO alt.

I'll let you guys know what I know, whenever I do. This wall was trying something new or different for the owner, so we'll see how he likes it. I designed this wall in a fashion to make it modifiable without too much work. It's a lot to explain, but I like to leave potential future options open, so you don't have to build an entirely new wall, you can just change what you have a little big.

Big shout out to the owner for building this monster. These angles and lining up everything is quite challenging! Looks proper.

Last edited:
It's just a form of black silicone I was told.
I’ve used many types of colors of silicone, but it just seems to me that the pure clear silicone always seemed to adhere better than the colored stuff. I’ve glued aeroports in with clear silicone so I could make them somewhat removable for adjustments later and it turned out being more difficult to remove than I anticipated. The clear silicone has a different consistency than the colored stuff and feels more sticky to me when running my finger over it to smooth it out.

I’ve used many types of colors of silicone, but it just seems to me that the pure clear silicone always seemed to adhere better than the colored stuff. I’ve glued aeroports in with clear silicone so I could make them somewhat removable for adjustments later and it turned out being more difficult to remove than I anticipated. The clear silicone has a different consistency than the colored stuff and feels more sticky to me when running my finger over it to smooth it out.

I've had clear silicone become like crumble and fall apart, like it would lose it's moisture over time, but that was sealing drilled wire holes.

Loctite PL Premium is my go to goo

Ummm....don't use it if you ever want to detach whatever you adhere :oops:

Never been a big fan of Purple till recently with the Fi Purple they have. Was one reason why me and you talked so much about how to get my box from SA in a Black with Purple Splashes or Purple with Black Splashes. Wonder if they make a purple carpet that we could use? Hmmm gonna check into that Buck!

Never been a big fan of Purple till recently with the Fi Purple they have. Was one reason why me and you talked so much about how to get my box from SA in a Black with Purple Splashes or Purple with Black Splashes. Wonder if they make a purple carpet that we could use? Hmmm gonna check into that Buck!

I don't know if we can get purple carpet. Everything is already in full as it is; I can't change the design at this point.

Anyone: let me know if you'd be interested in trying any of the combo of designs I mentioned above. Sound is limitless, if you have the space. I get tired of people saying this or that doesn't work or doesn't make sense or everything must be by a combination of generalized rules; I know enough about sound, now, that I can raw design enclosure types that don't even have a name that you can research. I can mix a ported box with a horn or make a bandpass all of out passive radiators. This isn't just to be cool; there's very real gains to be made by making enclosures like I've posted above. Full sound control is the aim, and the goals would determine what enclosure would be best. These designs can be literally anyway that people need or want them to be.
Its funny, years back I had a 4th order Tline design for a DD1508. I didnt build it but the guy I had the design from had it in his SUV. He swore up and down it was the most musical sub he had ever used. Basically the sealed side controlled cone motion and fed into a Tline tuned to FS. The line wrapped around the internal sealed side. I sold my SUV and never built it. I love to see different designs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...