Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

It's not that big of a deal. I was trying to figure out how many cubes should I be shooting for with 4- VFL8D2's. I think I'm going to shoot for 4.5 before port and speaker displacement. Sbooting for 32-35 hz.
View attachment 25355

It's really net that I would comment on. That tuning is probably where it needs to be, depending on what you want. I can't find any t/s or info on them. I'd think they would be around .75-1 cube net per woofer. If you can find me a manual to it, I'll let you know.

Ported Wedge Box for 2 350w Alpine 10's. Bit a funky box, a little complicated because it's a wedge box and has some contours to the vehicle body.

Ok. Buck is continuing to push the limits of my knowledge. I'm going all in, trying to do the best, complicated enclosures I can. I really love experimenting, I'm branching out my skills, combining them, trying to go harder than ever. Has a mild kerf port, too.

So this box is a Hybrid Sealed / Mildly Tapered T-line for 2 Pioneer Shallow Mount 12's (TS-SW30024). These woofers are actually more like 12.5's or 13's, the have quite a large Sd for a 12".

Last edited:
I did raw math on that enclosure, using some reverse non-exponential horn math to aid my tuning process. I hope to perfect my own formulas before too long, so I don't have to spend $$$ on a audio physic program (or try to deal with hornsrep LOL)

2 JL 13w7's (13" woofer) ported, based mostly around sound quality. JL's are expensive o_O

They do sound good, though. Just don't abuse them with too much extra wattage, they aren't that type of woofer.

I'm designing a bunch of prefabs I can't show you, but hot dog I need my freaking new PC monitor to use my new PC and stop using this old laptop. How I'm doing them is detailed, I'm afraid this 10 year old i5 processor is going to catch on fire. It's getting so hot I'm having to turn the AC down low and my ceiling fan on, just to avoid processing and graphics errors.

I'm designing a bunch of prefabs I can't show you, but hot dog I need my freaking new PC monitor to use my new PC and stop using this old laptop. How I'm doing them is detailed, I'm afraid this 10 year old i5 processor is going to catch on fire. It's getting so hot I'm having to turn the AC down low and my ceiling fan on, just to avoid processing and graphics errors.

Been designing a lot at night, since it's close to 81 degrees F here in florida on january 1st LOL

Buy one of those laptop cooling pads, I use one on my laptop and the difference is worth the 20-30 bucks they cost. They plug into a usb port on the laptop and mine has 2 huge 120mm fans on it that cool the entire laptop. I can send you a couple links via our conversation if you want me to.

Buy one of those laptop cooling pads, I use one on my laptop and the difference is worth the 20-30 bucks they cost. They plug into a usb port on the laptop and mine has 2 huge 120mm fans on it that cool the entire laptop. I can send you a couple links via our conversation if you want me to.

You can if you want but I highly doubt I'll buy it as my monitor isn't too far away and I'm not trying to spend anymore money atm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...