bridging subs??

take the positives from speakers and hook the into the +on amp and do the negatives the same way but on -of amp then you have bridged amp and subs

Exactly. A 4 channel amplifier is not capable of mono output. It can only be reduced to stereo output- which would still provide greater power to the subs than if the amp were in 4 channel mode.

take it easy,

-zane

If you have a four channel amp, I don't understand why you want to wire two subs to one channel. What are you going to do with the other three channels?

You can combine, for example, the rear two channels and make that section of the amp bridged. It somewhat defeats the purpose of having a 4 channel amp, but is not very difficult to do. However I would not suggest it at all. It would be best to go with a separate amp for the subs. This is due to the fact that MOST 4 channel amps can not handle to so well a 2ohm load. (note I did not say ALL of them LOL)

I've got a brand new 2002 Jetta with the factory monsoon system in it. Many people say, hey those sound pretty good. They do for an OEM stereo system. It's my wife's car so we didn't go crazy on it, but here's what we did.

Xtant A4004 (100X4). Two channels are bridged to one of Xtant's Xseries 10's (the hexagonal ones). Then the other two channels are running the factory (yes I said factory ) front speakers. We're even still using the factory head unit. It sounds awesome. I'm a big believer in using a 4 channel amp to run an entire system.

Sounds not too shabby. I was just suggesting not to use a 4 channel amp set up if he was looking to go into a more serious end system. I will clarify in future reference here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.