Bridging Head unit with dual voice coil speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GearboyOfficial

Hi ive been looking around for the past week and cant quite seem to find what im looking for. I understand that amps that have a "Bridged" channel is a channel that allows a 1-2 ohms setup. I have my current 5 channel amp running my door speakers at 40 rms and my headunit is sitting idle but it would be cool If I could add 2 speakers to my dash that run at the same voltage as my amp.

What I am wondering is I have a head unit that has 22w RMS id like to bridge it. Obviously the system cant handle a 2ohms load ... but what if I hooked up a dual voice coil speaker to the mix? Id be able to keep the system at a 4ohm load. would this work?

Figured Id ask and see if anyone has tried/tested/experienced someone going about it in this fashion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.