Head Unit Cutting Out

Participant count
  • Participant list

307Bronco

Cheyenne
Having a real annoying issue. I recently installed a Pioneer DVH-885AVBT in my truck running the stock cardboard speakers. After about a week, the driver side speaker died and the headunit started experiencing the following:

- All speakers cut out. No sound in the vehicle

- The screen stays on, all other function seem to remain intact

- Can only recover sound if I change the radio station to the next station. If I am listening to app radio or my iPhone I have to change inputs.

This is becoming quite obnoxious. I could be wrong, but I would assume that if it was a bad ground or supply the issue would be across the entire spectrum of features or the entire unit would cut out. I would love any thoughts or ideas on how to remedy this.

Thanks!

Your gonna have to remove it and check your connections. It could be as simple as 2 wires together not crimped properly. It happens sometimes but it does sound like a wiring issue.

soldering the wires will help keep a connection better than crimps unless you get a really good crimp going

especially with smaller wires

Ended up having to replace the head unit. I think the original went bad or shorted. I will probably send it in to be refurbished. Replaced it with a DEH-80PRS so its really not a loss...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.