Bridging amp?

I have an Alpine power pack 445u that powered my 4 coaxials in my previous vehicle, for my new car i got rid of all the coaxials and bought just a front component set (ID CTX 65CS) so now i want to get as much power as possible out of the little amp for my components (rear speakers will be powered by the car's factory amp or might not even use rears at all). All i need to know is how can i bridge this amp to use with my conponents. I am not interested in using any other amp but this one just incase somebody tells me to replace it. Cant really find any info online about it and i lost the original box. As long as i could get atleast 80w rms to my front stage i will be happy, dont need anything crazy.

Crutchfield lists this amp as bridgeable for 90W x 2. If you type in the model name in a Google search you get tons of info.
Yes i found plenty of info but nothing as far as bridging. Even in the owners manual i cant find how to bridge it all it says is that it has a switch for 2 channel and 4 channel.

I don't see anywhere in the manual that mentions bridging. At first, I thought the switch might be it but after looking, that's not it. Also, the manual doesn't show a two channel speaker wire connection so I'm gonna say no, it's not bridgable.

I don't see anywhere in the manual that mentions bridging. At first, I thought the switch might be it but after looking, that's not it. Also, the manual doesn't show a two channel speaker wire connection so I'm gonna say no, it's not bridgable.
This is exactly why im confused, first the 2 channel/4 channel switch on the amp then im noticing everywhere its for sale online it says it can be bridged including the Alpine USA website but still no dice...

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Well, if you look at the video again, the guy hesitated when asked if it was bridgeable and he clearly looked like he was making up a power output number after he said yes. And... those guys don't work for Alpine.

But here's what I'm thinking... there is no mention of bridging in the manual. There is mention of bridging in the ad copy. Engineers write the technical manuals and professional bullshitters write the ad copy. ← You figure it out. ;-)

Here is Alpine's tech support number: 800.832.4101

They are remarkably easy to get hold of and they're helpful as well. I've called them on a few occasions and never spent very much time on hold at all. I've also experienced a discrepancy between what they advertise and what the product did, so it can and does happen. Call their tech support line and ask the guy if the amp is bridgeable and if it is, ask him which wires to use for bridged mode operation.

Personally, I don't think that amp has enough power supply to do 180 watts but I could be wrong. I haven't held one so I have no idea how much it weighs... which would give some indication of whether it has a big enough toroid to boost the voltage up high enough for that sort of power. And.... I'm an Alpine fanboi.

Can anybody check the link in the previous post and confirm that it can be bridged that way?
Well by reading the postings ,it seems like it works.Yet, Id still contact Tech Support to verify,so you dont end up damaging the unit by Hear/Say,Id have a back up amp if I tried it out, just in case it frys

it can only be bridged with 2 channel input. either way you don't gain anything by bridging unless your speakers have a matching impedence b/c the amp puts outs 90x2@4Ω or 45x4@4Ω.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.