Bridge an Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

cozmikx

Hiya,

I'm retarded and I was wondering how to bridge my amp. I did a search and all I got was confused. See, I had my amp and subwoofer installed professionally, but they didn't bridge it. So, I was wondering how to do it, I have a 400 watt 4 channel amp (right now it's on 2 channel, but I'm only powering 1 subwoofer), so I just want to bridge it over so I can get full power out of it.

Thanks for any help that you could offer me!

problem is that some amps are not bridgable.....if i were you i'd look at your user guide...it should tell you if u can do it or not.....what type of sub do u have and what is it stable at in sterio....if its mono stable let us know what its stable at and if ur sub is dvc/svc and what its rated at ohm wise

if you have a 4 channel amp, and you bridge it, you take the power from 2 of the outputs and hook it up to one sub, and take the negative of the same outputs, and hook them up to the subs. therefore, if you have a 4 channel amp, you can bridge it down to 2 channels, i'm pretty sure you can't bridge it twice. sorry:(

Yes, Moocow,.....EVERY day.

Goddy is right, this would be a lot easier with more info. (amp stability and power and if the sub is DVC or SVC [i assume that it would be a DVC since they bridged a 4 channel to it...right?] what ohm amd power handling.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.