Breaking in sub

nope, just pop it's cherry real quick...lol. Nothing will go wrong, never broken in subs and no problems here...by playing music on them in ur car...they are naturally broken in. ******* break in subs...peace

NG

well... with my cheap audiobahns I used to run, I didn't break in my first set and they blew after about 2 months, the next set I broke in for 2 weeks and they ran for 2 years, and as far as I know are still running fine.

well... with my cheap audiobahns I used to run, I didn't break in my first set and they blew after about 2 months, the next set I broke in for 2 weeks and they ran for 2 years, and as far as I know are still running fine.
Those that say you should break themm in describe how you do it?

I have heard many things... Just play the ish outta them...

Play a track that is just a certian freq (45hz) for so many hours a a certian level...

Most people I know never break in new ones and have good luck, but why take the chance? It won't kill you to play it at half power for a day or two, or at the very least play it for like an hour at med. volume then start to gradually turn it up. I wouldn't bother with certain frequencies and frequency sweeps (at exactly 15 mm excursion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif ) played for 40 hours. Just use common sense and play music. I definately wouldn't pop the sub in the box and just play it so hard it is about to bottom out though. Most think break-in is a myth, but it couldn't hurt, so I say do what you want because it's your sub.

When Stereophile (High-End audiophile magazine) receives test speakers for review, they sometimes break them in for hundreds of hours before they even listen to them.

You'll notice that over time, quality subs will sound better abd better as time goes on. This is a result of the positive effects of breaking them in. Excursion becomes more effortless, response to musical changes is faster, etc.

Breaking in subs = Good idea.

http://www.audioperfect.com

It goes the same way with headphones...I had some ksc-30s that when I first listened to em, the bass was just ugly (no, not in a good way). after a week they were beautiful.

I can attest to the fact that a break in is a good idea. I usually just put my cd-player on repeat and play the sub with very low gain so it moves about 1/3 of its full mechincal xmax at about 30Hz free air... let it wiggle around... starting when I start building my box, stopping when I am done.

I just use a boat battery charger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif... it has always worked for me...

I didn't purposly break in my 3 JL 12W6s, but I really think they started sounding better after several hours of play time...

Even still they haven't seen that much use...

They might have 40 hours on them at most and I have never had them at over 60-70 percent volume...

I haven't played the ish outta of them, casue I knew I wanted to sell them and do somethig a little more extreme...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.