orion H2 15"

Hi,

Depending on the model of the Orion woofer, they can be entry level or high end. But for your reference, Orion is an above average to excellent Sub and Amplifier company. They have been around since pretty much the beginning and are owned/sister companies with ADS if my memory serves me correct. They were also one of the few companies back in the day to put a lifetime warranty of their top of the line subwoofer, the original, Orion "Xtreme's". So yeah, they're good quality, but it all depends on how this particular setup sounds to you. I've built a lot of boxes for Orions and its been hit and miss. The old models needed a lot of cubic feet to shine. Hell, I used a single Orion Cobalt 10" DVC in a 3.5 cubic ft. ported box for a home theatre once and it worked great and went way down. Anyway, just trust your ear, that's the key.

Anthropas

Orion USED to be one of the foremost companies in making amps and subs. They were part of ADST along with a/d/s. ADST was purchased by DEI a few years ago and while they are by all accounts still a good product line they are not the GREAT product they used to be.

The H2 line was built to get loud, period. Everything I have ever heard about them is they get really loud and sound OK, at best. They will want a ton of power.

as far as making GREAT products, the ones now are better than ever. Any of the old hcca amplifiers didnt even have protection circuits built in. Their amps and subs now are definately amoung the best. The 15h2 is to date my favorite sub, and ive had a **** load of systems. If someone is offering you 2 in a box for 400, then jump on it, but that sounds a tad bit too good to be true. youll need atleast 5K to get that box slammin too, so make sure you have the power, and nothing less.

and they sound better than ok, they sound pretty **** good. Look up my reivew on them, it says all in there

If someone is offering you 2 in a box for 400, then jump on it, but that sounds a tad bit too good to be true. youll need atleast 5K to get that box slammin too, so make sure you have the power, and nothing less.
I agree with the first statement. That seems pretty low a price for a pair AND a box. Hopefully its local and you can check everything out first.
As for the second statement, if you need at least 5000 WATTS to get ANYTHING loud, you're deaf or something is terribly wrong... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The product itself should be pretty good, it IS based on a very good but very STOLEN design. I sure as heck wouldn't buy 'em new on principle alone regardless of price, but if they are used the damage has already been done so enjoy...

as far as making GREAT products, the ones now are better than ever. Any of the old hcca amplifiers didnt even have protection circuits built in. Their amps and subs now are definately amoung the best.
The HCCA series were made for competition. If you know what you are doing a protection circuit isn't necessary and can actually limit the potential of the amp. The 225 HCCA did have a thermal circuit BTW (at least the 3 from the mid 90's I have do) If that makes them inferior in your eyes then that is your opinion. The new amps are overseas, mass-produced, cookie-cutter amps. Not saying that they are junk but they are not ORION any more as far as I am concerned. As for their subs, there are definitely better sounding subs out there for the money that get almost as loud. Like I said, they get really loud, but that isn't what makes a great woofer unless all you want is SPL comp subs.

i take it niether of you have used the H2 before. Dual Gap Geometry, how is that a stolen design? I would love to know. Second, as far as the subs or amps being cookie cutters, tell that to the CES Innovation awards they won. Yes the Orion **** was the bomb, but the new stuff is just as good. And yes, a 15H2 needs a 2500D per sub inorder to be played correctly. I wasnt saying you need 5K everytime on anysub to get it loud, just on these bad boys. The h2 is not an efficient woofer, but it all makes up for it when you hear it. You guys should play with a couple before you knock em

5k, yes that is alot of power, but maybe my definition of loud is different than yours

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.