Brand new system and lots of problems. pleaseee help me.

you can use the o gauge then either use a distro block or an adapter to 4 gauge.like i said earlier i suspect the wire wasn't a very good grade or the actual size they had sold you.most stores make a ton of money on wires and install stuff.some of these shops sell cheap crappy wire at high dollar prices ,for example they buy a cheap 4 gauge kit for $10 and sell it for 70-80.seen it done alot when i lived in the bat area .make sure the wire is from a reputable company ,like knu,stinger,schosche,kicker,rockford fosgate ,you get the idea .no cheap wire .it does what happened to you when you use it .and agm battery
On the reciept for all my installion equipment it says that the amp kit is Sound Quest 4 gauge Amp kit ANL. Model number looks like it is AK-SQK4ANL

View attachment 26535203View attachment 26535204View attachment 26535205View attachment 26535206View attachment 26535207View attachment 26535208View attachment 26535209View attachment 26535210

Okay I got the pics. I was wrong about the burnt wire going from my battery to the fuse holder and then to the alternator. It looks like the burnt wire is being fed through my Jeep directly to my amp. Also I checked the wiring and most of the wiring under the hood does say sound quest however the guy who installed the equipment kept some of my old wiring that feeds through my car, which I clearly told him to replace. I use to have some Rockford Fosgate subs and a Rockford amp kit, The thick red and green wires that are being directly fed into my amp are the old wires from my old system. Definitely not sound quest. Here are lots of pics of everything. You can kind of tell on the back of the enclosure that there is a crease where the wood has rattled.

Dude that *****! How many amps does your alternator put out? If it is a decent number you should be fine running the CORRECT big three upgrade with a Kinetic battery, seeing as you are only running 1200 watts. Make sure to upgrade all your wiring to high quality 0 gauge. If the 0 gauge won't fit in your amp then get a distribution block or a converter. Sounds like your amp was absolutely starving. Hopefully your amp is ok, your subs definitely should not be damaged. Go back to that shop, show them the damage, and demand a refund. I HATE it when shops like this take advantage of people. When you do everything over again just ask some of the people on here, they will probably know a lot more than any local shops you have near you. GL with the rebuild man!

Looks like he hooked the end of the RF wire to one side of the fuseholder there and that cheap crap to the other if the fosgate wiring is still in good shape keep it, i't's a real decent product. Maybe the fosgate wire was trying to pull too much through that cheap wire and made it over heat? what do you guys think?

Dude that *****! How many amps does your alternator put out? If it is a decent number you should be fine running the CORRECT big three upgrade with a Kinetic battery, seeing as you are only running 1200 watts. Make sure to upgrade all your wiring to high quality 0 gauge. If the 0 gauge won't fit in your amp then get a distribution block or a converter. Sounds like your amp was absolutely starving. Hopefully your amp is ok, your subs definitely should not be damaged. Go back to that shop, show them the damage, and demand a refund. I HATE it when shops like this take advantage of people. When you do everything over again just ask some of the people on here, they will probably know a lot more than any local shops you have near you. GL with the rebuild man!
I don't know how many amps my alternator puts out, It is a stock alternator on a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Are there different types of wires that you can use for the big three upgrade? I thought the 8 gauge, 4 gauge, 0 gauge or whatever gauge wires were always in reference to the amp kit, and that the big three upgrade had its own sort of wires that didn't differ in gauges or types. I figure I will buy a nice big Kinetic battery and also get 0 gauge wiring. Do the wires on the big three need to be upgraded also or are those wires kind of just universal and the same?

If you are going to run all new wires then go ahead and run 0 guage and 0 guage the big 3 as well 0 gauge to just your amp dont do much good if the supply to your battery is running on 4 or 8 guage

if you are going to stay with the 1200 watts then a good ofc 4 gauge wire like the fosgate wire will be good,if you think you may wanna go bigger somewhere down the road then do the 0 gauge now and be done with it .the cca 4 gauge wire in my experience isn't very good over 500 watts rms even if the box says so .the aluminum wire just for some reason gets hotter and stays hotter longer ,thats why i dont run it .if you where closer i have a box already built i'd sell you ,but shipping will be outrageous ,so go buy some mdf at home depot and build yourself a box.like i said earlier if you give me dimensions of the back of your jeep i can give you a cut out sheet and basic plans for a box with all the materials needed for $25

I don't know how many amps my alternator puts out, It is a stock alternator on a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Are there different types of wires that you can use for the big three upgrade? I thought the 8 gauge, 4 gauge, 0 gauge or whatever gauge wires were always in reference to the amp kit, and that the big three upgrade had its own sort of wires that didn't differ in gauges or types. I figure I will buy a nice big Kinetic battery and also get 0 gauge wiring. Do the wires on the big three need to be upgraded also or are those wires kind of just universal and the same?
You can look up the alternator specs dude. I already did and yours puts out 160 amps, not bad at all for stock. And the same kind of wires you use on your amp is used for the big three upgrade, there is nothing different between the two. I would strongly suggest getting new high quality wire when you re-do the big three and the wires to your amp. When you get the new wiring make sure you don't buy the cheap stuff. Wiring is one of those things you don't want to cut spending on, and yes there is a big difference in quality between certain brands. The biggest thing you need to know about car audio is that you really do get what you pay for. Oh and for the battery I would suggest something like this XS Power D1400 14v AGM Battery, Max Amps 2400A - SSA STORE

Yall have been a great help. It sounds like the best plan is to get the new battery and enclosure and just go ahead and upgrade all the wiring to 0 gauge just to be on the safe side. Could somebody link me to a good 0 gauge amp kit that would be best for my system, I don't want to make a mistake and buy a cheap brand or not exactly the right thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.