brakes

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys,

its a good idea to change your brakes a little before they get too worn and lock up like mine did lol. i just got around to putting new rotors, calipers and pad onto my car but when i took it for a test drive my pedal went right to the floor and no stopping. I kinda need those so any help would be great.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have to. You probably forgot to pump the brakes after installation. Turn the car off and press the brake pedal down 10-15 times to align the pads with the rotors.
i've never heard this. you need to bleed them if they are spongy.

You shouldn't have to. You probably forgot to pump the brakes after installation. Turn the car off and press the brake pedal down 10-15 times to align the pads with the rotors.
I have never had to "align" or pump any brakes after changing them, and I have done hundreds of brake jobs.

The first time you step on the pedal, the caliper should adjust. First press might be a little further pedal extension than usual, but they should adjust correctly.

If you have to bleed the brakes, then you either over extended the pistons or have a leak. in this case the caliper replacement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bannock

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bannock
winnipeg,mb
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date