Brahma vs. W6V2

Originally posted by mblicker lets just say the brahma can rival the w7

its 1600 rms (15")

AND for the money its great
Most would argue w/ you on that one. Rival? No. Surpass? Yes.

Remember, you don't need to give it that much power in order for it to be loud or to perform. 600W would be more than enough for most people. Just because it's RMS is 1600 doesn't meed it needs it.

the brahma with a 1200.1 would definantly be better than a 12w6v2 and a 600.1...but you are also spending 2-300 more. i really like my 12w6v2's...but if your main concern is money...i wouldnt go with one.

Originally posted by beachboy016 So does that mean running it with 1200 watts rms would make it sound really good, or would it be too much for it?
1200 woudln't be too much if you took caution with the gains. It would sound exactly the same with 10W of power or 1000W of power. The only difference is output.

Im all for the brahma on this, Im kinda anti-JL though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

for the wattage on the brahma:

Actually, it matters how big your box is. The bigger the box, the less power you need with the brahama. This is according to the adire audio owners manual. the 1600 is for a small sealed box, if you have about a 6 cu ft ported box you only need about 550 watts for RMS. They base their RMS on the max excursion if you exceed the max excursion by putting too many watts it'll damage your brahma

Originally posted by nismo i have 2 15" brahmas, and they will be seeing about 3kW pretty soon, and in a ported box. but because i am careful with the gains, and dont let them distort, im not worried about blowing them at all.

eric
Madness I tell you, Madness!!

What are you pushing them with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.