Brahma Subwoofer Repair?

killcrap
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
i purchased an adire audio brahma from Acoustic Visions 12" D2OHM. in Feburary 2007 one day the speaker stopped working, i didnt over power it. i powered it using a ED Nine.2x. when i pushed on the speaker cone, the speaker started to make sound again, i contaced Acoustic Visions, and told me i am SOL as Adire has gone under. Kyle told me to get it repaired elsewere or attempt to fix it my self. i took off the cone, and tried re-soldering the bad voice coil, but it still doesnt work. the resistance of the voice coil goes crazy when at a stand still, but goes to 1.7ohms right when the connection is good again, is there anywhere in the Orange County area that can fix this sub.

Thats a MK3 or 4 prob I think they have 2.5 inch voice coils they might not be able to do it, I think they only stock 3 inch voice coils.

Thats a MK3 or 4 prob I think they have 2.5 inch voice coils they might not be able to do it, I think they only stock 3 inch voice coils.
true. im not familiar with the brahma generations and differences between them, but yes, it has to be a 3" coil.

Yea its a not a 3 inch coil on the MK4
thanks Dom, i dont think you remeber me, but i was that one guy with the 1995 Maxima, i was in your brakes Class at UTI. remebered you had XXX's and i had a MK1 Brahma. where you working now bro?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.