brahma or ed k

KAMAK
10+ year member

Corvette=Good
michigan
I either want 2 brahmas with 1250 w running to each, in an appropriate box. Or 4 ED K's with 350 w to each in an apropriatly sized box. Which would be louder? I know this is an crazy qustion, but i thought i would ask.

Originally posted by KAMAK I either want 2 brahmas with 1250 w running to each, in an appropriate box. Or 4 ED K's with 350 w to each in an apropriatly sized box. Which would be louder? I know this is an crazy qustion, but i thought i would ask.
What size are the brahmas, what size are the edk's you plan on getting?

there are speculations on either side that the same power to more subs is not louder or it is.....i personally think cone area plays a huge role and you may get more out of the edk's....but then again your not even comparing the same subs....personally i would go with the brahmas, much better all around sound quality and loudness....the edk's have a shallower range as well.

Originally posted by evo2k3 there are speculations on either side that the same power to more subs is not louder or it is.....i personally think cone area plays a huge role and you may get more out of the edk's....but then again your not even comparing the same subs....personally i would go with the brahmas, much better all around sound quality and loudness....the edk's have a shallower range as well.

I thought the k's haven't been shipped out yet. You've probably looked at their stat sheet.

Originally posted by evo2k3 there are speculations on either side that the same power to more subs is not louder or it is.....i personally think cone area plays a huge role and you may get more out of the edk's....but then again your not even comparing the same subs....personally i would go with the brahmas, much better all around sound quality and loudness....the edk's have a shallower range as well.
You look like a JL man to me. I see your stuff listed below. My cousin raves over their equipment. I honestly don't think he knows much about car audio, but he did come in 3rd I believe in some contest. His car was extremely loud though. Sorry getting off topic.

Originally posted by joshpoints You look like a JL man to me. I see your stuff listed below. My cousin raves over their equipment. I honestly don't think he knows much about car audio, but he did come in 3rd I believe in some contest. His car was extremely loud though. Sorry getting off topic.
Just b/c they have JL doesn't mean they don't know jack about car audio. If i had the money a 13w7 would be sitting in my car as of now.

I thnk the 2 brahmas would be alot louder in a 8 ft^3 ported box. shared chamber ported to like 35 hz.

why dont you look at the a's?

i know its all speculation, but wouldnt an a15 be as loud as a brahma 15, going by xmax and sd?

looked at the spec sheets, for the brahma i came out with 2.046248.

for the eda, i came out with 2.34546

am i wrong?

whats on paper and what happens IRL are 2 different things though...

Originally posted by joshpoints You look like a JL man to me. I see your stuff listed below. My cousin raves over their equipment. I honestly don't think he knows much about car audio, but he did come in 3rd I believe in some contest. His car was extremely loud though. Sorry getting off topic.
I think that actully may have less relevence than this post where I am asking you why the hell you make that post?

anyways....without having heard the new ks, i still vote for brahma

Originally posted by Natheo why dont you look at the a's?

i know its all speculation, but wouldnt an a15 be as loud as a brahma 15, going by xmax and sd?

looked at the spec sheets, for the brahma i came out with 2.046248.

for the eda, i came out with 2.34546

am i wrong?

whats on paper and what happens IRL are 2 different things though...
I dont want a 15 incher. I want two or 4 12's. it would be louder.

im saying that the a series appears to be nearly as good as the brahmas

they are a bit cheaper. maybe better sq. doubt that they are completely louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.