Box Tuning

The higher its tuned more output it will have, but it won't hit notes as low.

If you want to win some competitions tune it to the vehicles resonant frequency.

sweet thanks man, so biulding a box tuned at that particluat hz, is the best suited for the vehicle type
If you're competing and don't care your subs sound like ****.

If you're doing a daily driver, i wouldn't go anywhere outside of 28 min-40max. A vehicles frequency can be around 60-80hz

Only tune higher if your actually going to enter a competition and be in a league or go to alot of events. Tuning lower will "sound" like its louder but might hit 1 less max db at the higher hz.

big box and a lot of port area....for my 15 i go with 4.5cu' with 60sq" of port. however i tune to 38hz, it does best in my car...kinda wierd...lmk if you want the plans, but you need to give me your tuning freq.

to find my tuning freq., what i did was use an old mtx 10" in a sealed box. played tones from 30-100hz inside the car and then again outside the car...making note of each tone. the tone with the biggest inside/outside difference is your winner. it also helped that i had a term-lab at the time.

ok so it has been established that more box space and higher tuning Hz gives more SPL. And tuning Hz is determined by the port length. So where does port size in terms of sq" come into play?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.