Box to get the most out of 2 SA8's

geonfreaq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ive never played with 8"s until now and in the past have always used a plain ol' ported box for all my installs but this time, if I have the room, would like to go with something to help these woofers perform.

The drivers will be hooked to a 1500w amp and will be behind the back seat of my ram. Can face the subs up or forward, same with the port. This is for SQ however I would still like for them to play pretty low if possible. I listen to alot of different music (not much rock).

My current box is 36" wide 14" tall and 12" deep. It was for a RE SX 12". I have a little more wiggle room, mostly width. If I go taller with the box I would not be able to go as deep because of he way the seat slants backwards.

If a plain jane ported box is good enough, I can build and design my own however if a box such as a 4th order were better and I have the room for that, I would be willing to pay someone to design that.

Guess Im just looking for opinions on this since I have no experience with any other box designs.

~Jason

im interested in these subs for my mustang. not too big and will give out some new sound. have u heard these before? how do they compare to the sx u had if so?

Trucks are really finicky. I really wouldn't recommend a transmission line, chambered t-line, or any variant of a rear loading horn. Esp. with the SA8's. These subs, in your application, will probably do best with a "standard" old boring ported box.

Subs up port to the side is a good place to start. Stay away from facing subs/port either forward or back. Only luck I've had with that configuration is for a burp box, subs forward port up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.