box suggestions for diamond d9 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

caseyarndt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
West MI
Diamond recommends a 1.75 cuft ported enclosure

with a 4" round port tuned to 35 hz, sub is rated at 800 rms.

I was thinking about building this

2.12 cuft ported with two 4" aeros tuned at 31.63 hz

Let me know what you think

Any recommendations on the size/tuning?

My goal is sq and I prefer ported boxes.

Thanks

Great that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

My design would be something close to this but with only one woofers.

Which position would you guys recommend

the woofer mounted nearest to the external opening of the ports,

or the sub nearest to the internal opening of the ports?

Ideally I would like to mount the sub on one of the ends.

images

you just doing one? i had my two last d d9 12s on a mmats 3500.1 daily and they were still stiff 7 months later. still waiting to hook up my 15s i got. may just do one. but if your doing to i got a design made for that already if you want

Yea lol you talked so highly of them I had to pick one up...straight from DD to Diamond.

What tuning and cuft did you use? But what do you think of the aero/sub placement though in the picture?

And yes I only have one for now.

Yea lol you talked so highly of them I had to pick one up...straight from DD to Diamond.What tuning and cuft did you use? But what do you think of the aero/sub placement though in the picture?

And yes I only have one for now.
lol didnt see that you were in mi. it was tuned to 34hz and it was 3.5 cubes after displacement but i think with that power you can go lower on tunning. also not sure about your design as i paid someone to do it a box designer lol get another and ill send ya the blue print haha, i did however read before that u could put that 12 in around 3 cubes and they get low just never tried. maybe i should make two boxes with my 15s and test it out

Ok do you think just over 2 cubes is enough airspace?

And does anyone have any advice for the position of the sub in relation to the ports?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.