Box Size

Originally posted by QuestionNauio00 Hi,

I need help with choosing the right size box for my two 12" Adire Shivas. I need to know what size box. It is going to be a ported box. Please help me out.

thank you

Megan

Well, how about the RMS power handling rating of the 12"s.?

And if you can provide the xmax and cone area numbers, then that would be a bonus.

I dont know any of that. These were my boyfriend's subs before and now I am going to put them into a ported box. The guy that is going to make the box knows alot but my boyfriend is presistant that i come on here and find the measurements because he used to come on here. So thats what i am doing

Originally posted by JBlazeGirlie I dont know any of that. These were my boyfriend's subs before and now I am going to put them into a ported box. The guy that is going to make the box knows alot but my boyfriend is presistant that i come on here and find the measurements because he used to come on here. So thats what i am doing
Okay, so what kind of sound are you looking for from these subs then? And what is your boot space large enough? The bigger it is the more easier you can make choices on what kind of box(es), since you have 2 subs.

A well built sealed box is a safe bet, and you wont lose that much hearable bass, and if you want ports, then you need to be clear about why you want that kind of box.

The site's page for the sub is here:http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

It says 151 liters of space is required. That comes to 5.3 cu' per sub! That seem like a bit much. I would use the link and e-mail tech support and ask them. This way you will get exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you guys. Yeah I dont know any of this. RIght now it is in a sealed but my friend makes boxes all the time cuz he is a stereo installer so he was going to make me a ported enclosure for free so the only thing i need to do is find the size that i need. So thank you guys for you help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.