box rise outside the vehicle...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

akadj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so I have a wall in my vehicle and I was thinking could I make a replica box size and shape but outside the vehicle for testing purposes. would I get the same box rise? has anyone ever measured their box rise in their vehicle then take the box out and set it in a large room or shop and test the box rise again?

ok so I couldn't wait for someone to tell me they tested this... so I grabbed my meter and clamp and started going through my test CD from 20hz to 80hz in my suv. then I pulled my subs and box out, set it in the middle of my garage and started testing all over again.

now the results... ughh it was 1hz off from being exactly the same.. lot of work to find out the box rise remains the same regardless where the box is but good to know that I can make changes to try and lower box rise in a duplicate box for my wall!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.