box question

Participant count
  • Participant list

ImpulseG
10+ year member

ok well I have 2 12s Audiobahn ALUM12N I want to build a ported box that will make them sound at their best but dont know if the current box is ok for them.

here are subs specs

Recommended Enclosure Type Ported / Vented/Sealed

Minimum Sealed Box Volume .5 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 2 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.3 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume 3.25 cubic feet

Top-Mount Depth 5-5/8"

the current box is a sealed box here are the Dimensions: 32" (W) x 14.25" (H) x 12.25" (D)

like this

resource.ashx

thanks for the help

Dual 6 ohm VC...yikes.

No real t/s parameters so I can't really say. 3.23 cbft (is that external or internal dims?) sealed seems fine for 2 of those 12's.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

basic math > OP
Lol

^ What he said.

What the wood thickness? Double baffle anywhere? Subs could still work in the enclosure. You could also invert the subs and add poly-fill to get more "air space".

it is 3/4 mdf wood. and no not double baffled. i had them inverted before in another box but all the wiring is messy so switched them back do they still hit the same inverted? also even not inverted can i still add poly-fill?

it is 3/4 mdf wood. and no not double baffled. i had them inverted before in another box but all the wiring is messy so switched them back do they still hit the same inverted? also even not inverted can i still add poly-fill?
when you inverted them, you added some airspace, and yes the same or better result can be had with polyfill.

well mostly just rap/ hip-hop i always had a ported box with a different system and like the sound of it first box that is sealed
I do not know what vehicle you have or how the box is currently installed, but the way the box is facing can have dramatic results in output, no matter what type of box it is. What amp do you use?

I do not know what vehicle you have or how the box is currently installed, but the way the box is facing can have dramatic results in output, no matter what type of box it is. What amp do you use?
well i have a ford Taurus i had been messing with the box and found that when i have it facing up its hits better then the other ways.

and i have them running off a 5500 whtts class d spl amp. with its own battery that runs the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.