Ultra Rare Subwoofer - I need some help finding some specs. Someone please help!

ChronicSPL
10+ year member

Hello i have a Chronic Audio 15" Subwoofer it is a QVC, Which means it has 4+ terminals, and 4- ones. Each of the coils is rated at 2-ohms. IT IS NOT THE SUBWOOFER SHOWN ON THE CHRONICAUDIO.COM WEBSITE!!!!!!!! I am attaching a photo of the subwoofer that i have, Sorry for the bad angle, and yes i am sure it is a QVC it is 15" not 12 or 10.

If you take the time to help me research this subwoofer, I Sincerely THANK YOU!

I want too run around 1000w-1500w Cruising around 34hz, could anyone please help me i am totally lost in a puzzle and i really wanna build a solid box for this sub i built a few for friends in the past and they work amazing! Im sure i have the woodworking skills too do this! I am also putting this in the trunk of a 2012 Civic Coupe the trunk space is not bad at all i fit a 2.9cube box in there no problem!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif I thank you thank you thank you thank you for your help if you chose too because im running around in circles looking for answers!

if memory serves me correctly, there a small company out of Oklahoma that just never got any love.. most of there stuff is low end and cheap flea market quality, but i remember them having a very good spl driver QVC which is what you are talking about.. they claimed it could take like 15k or something redonkulas, but realistically only took like 4-5k burps... not very popular and i bet very few people on hear will no who they are. in real world rms power i would not do more then 1000rms.. and check temp of sub with 1000rms after about 10mins and see how hot it is.. it should take 1krms with no issue..

Well alot of people told me this sub was alot more, theres a video of this plugged into a wall socket for over a minute. The person who previously had it was running a Soundstream tx.2600 that thing puts out 5000w at .5 ohms i seen this running LOUD

i9JFN.jpg

2.9 cube seems pretty small for a 15, especially if that is including port and sub displacement. I however dont know anything about this sub, so maybe it likes small boxes

^^^ beat me to it

Since you have the website, which has contact info, why dont you email the company and ask them for t/s parameters, then someone on here can properly design a box for you.

i know this sub can handle that i just wanna know how many cubes i should run so that i dont blow it. someone said run about 4cubes internal but is that enough

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

i tryed contacting about the subs specs, no reply. i asked if he wanted to selll some tweeters he replyed in mins.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.