Box Program???

winISD pro man...

http://www.linearteam.org

you can type winISD on the search filed, it'll tell you how to use it, although most of it's a no-brainer..

all you gotta do is to figure out what the lines all mean...(I'm not too sure myself, but if it's high at the levels you want it to be, then I think you're doing fine.)

the box can also help to make you mid bass driver boxes, which is what I', planning to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

p.s. it doesn't really "HELP" to design you a box.. it merely gives you read outs of the volume that you have told it to calculate on. the physical design would ultimately hav eto be done by yourslef.

Also, the calculator should not be working on the program, so have another windows opened to http://www.eatel.net and calculate box volumes from there. Hope that helps a bit.

If in doubt, post your findings on the program and place it here. There's quite a number of people on the forum that can give you numbers for boxes that will blow our mind.

Yeah WinISD PRO.

Just a few things to help you out.

#1. Keep the Air Velocities down. Try and stay below 40 m/s, don't scratch the plan if you get 45 m/s. Now with some Mega subs dont be afraid to sacrifice some air speed. I know with my subs the plot said my air speed gets up to 65 m/s but those are some heavy hitting subs and i don't have any port noise (above 15hz or so.)

#2. Keep the Driver Excursion (Xmax) down. Try to stay at least a couple of millimeters away from your Xmax. Usually the Factory specs give you the Xmax( MAXIMUM excursion ) but damage usually occur a before reaching the Xmax. This is VERY IMPORTANT... THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS WITH THIS RULE... YOUR SPEAKERS WILL FAIL IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS PART RIGHT. NOT FOLLWING THIS RULE IS THE FASTEST WAY TO BE OUT OF $500 worth of speakers. Trust me i did that, thought that just because the Xmax was 32mm the speakers were undestroyable at 300w... Was REALLY WRONG.

#3. Take measurement of the car FIRST and determine how much room your willing to sacrifice. Start your volume there and tinker with the ports and lessing the volumes to perfection.

#4. Keep the SPL LEVELS HIGH //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. And have fun doing it.

Oh That is Killer Guys thanks a Ton..

Colin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by mattj Bass Box Pro 6 is also a very nice program.
is that a DOS-based program?

I'd really like to get my hands on the box program that MB quart engineers use... I forgot the name of it, but it's even supposed to calculate how much polyfill you need for sealed, and has very good diagrams...

if only I can remember the name of the program...I only remember that the program is not free/shareware..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Originally posted by i3abyjay25 i have a program called AJ Designer.. any1 ever heard of it? well, im not sure how to usa these box programs so if some1 would like the program to try.. let me know...
yes, I've heard and tried using it... but I think I prefer the layout of winISD pro.. no real reason except familiarity and I don't have that much of what you might call an in-depth knowledge. Hell, I'm now trying to figure out how quad VC (RE HC) can be hooked up to..

mattj, you have pm from me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep i agree with paikiah. I think i have every free speaker designing program out there from 1990 - 2003. Through it all i have found WinISD to be the best i use it and TL box model the most.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.