box idea design. whatcha think?

kingNdaCastle08
10+ year member

ATLanta
ok so i have a 2005 GMC Canyon extended cab

the space behind the front bench seat is pretty big for a medium size truck. so i was thinking i want to make a sub box that can double as a seat when necessary for short trips, beer runs, etc.

SO i want to make a sealed box to run straight across the back, that can have two people sit on it without comprimising the structural integrity of the box, and have atleast 2 12" woofers. good idea? bad idea? thoughts?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah it will work. You could probably even have a shop upholster it or at least put some foam cushions on top. I would probably do an angled downfiring design.
Was goona suggest the samething. Downfiring to protect the the subs. Some padding on top an upholster over it.

Here is a quick sketch of something you might be interested in...

canyon.jpg

I don't know why the double wood, but the downfiring sounds pretty nice. But, the problem with downfiring (or so I hear) is that sometimes if it's too close it sounds bad, and the transverse is true, too.

I don't know why the double wood, but the downfiring sounds pretty nice. But, the problem with downfiring (or so I hear) is that sometimes if it's too close it sounds bad, and the transverse is true, too.
The only place it is doubled up is the legs. With people sitting on it, I would rather it have more support so the legs don't fail.

The only place it is doubled up is the legs. With people sitting on it, I would rather it have more support so the legs don't fail.
hell yes. good design. i think this could work out quite well. ill try 2 get some dimensions if u would fit em to it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.