Box for two Hifonics HFi 12"s.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slo_Ride
5,000+ posts

Regulator
ATLANTA
Alright guys, now that everythings done for the night I'm back to planning my next project. Trying to work out the details and so far I've got 4.8 cubes. I'm not sure how much port area I need or what I should tune it to. I'm thinking of using two 6" round ports, that gives me about 56 sq inches. I'm looking for more low end output so I'm thinking of tuning to 30hz. What do you guys think?

Alright guys, now that everythings done for the night I'm back to planning my next project. Trying to work out the details and so far I've got 4.8 cubes. I'm not sure how much port area I need or what I should tune it to. I'm thinking of using two 6" round ports, that gives me about 56 sq inches. I'm looking for more low end output so I'm thinking of tuning to 30hz. What do you guys think?

I tried a pair of the hifis ported and they sounded like 2 llamas shitting on an asian girl, very bad. Ended up going with right at 3cft sealed for the 2, and they sounded pretty good. I dont remember what theyre rated for but dont give them more than 250w a piece ported especially, sealed you can shoot em a little more juice.

I tried a pair of the hifis ported and they sounded like 2 llamas shitting on an asian girl, very bad. Ended up going with right at 3cft sealed for the 2, and they sounded pretty good. I dont remember what theyre rated for but dont give them more than 250w a piece ported especially, sealed you can shoot em a little more juice.
lmao! Actually I was seriously considering running them sealed. Would be a much easier build considering the shape of my box. I havent even bought the subs yet, I just like to get a head start on things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lmao! Actually I was seriously considering running them sealed. Would be a much easier build considering the shape of my box. I havent even bought the subs yet, I just like to get a head start on things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Go ahead and do sealed, they dont have very good bottom end output even if you tune them low, just kinda flop around and sound like ****. Sealed with the box a little bigger than reccommended they had good response from around 38-40 hz on up to 100.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.