box for two 10w7s need reinforcement?

Participant count
  • Participant list

srch4aresn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i just got done building a basic rectangle ported box for two 10w7s out of 3/4 mdf. however, im concerned that the 10w7s are too heavy. do i need to brace or reinforce the front where the subs mount? i just didn't realize how heavy these things are and im nervous about them laying down in a trunk only being supported by the 3/4 piece of wood. pics of the box

10w7box_zps100253ad.jpg

awesome thank you for the fast response!

i have an extra long piece (thats what she said) of leftover wood that ill figure out what to do with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Start by laying the larger bottom panel in an open space, then slowly “dry” assemble it by laying the pieces where they go like a puzzle. It...
These are also very good drivers, some of the best bang for the busk on shallow mounts. DD Audio SL610-D2 10"...
The it to a custom air brush guy and tell him what you want. You can always stain, plexiglass windows, and put led lights inside the box. Search...
Thanks man! Quitting drinking and battling DRESS syndrome has given me a new outlook on life.
i have a 15 already for the lows ita a little over kill for a crew cab but I like it and I was hoping it would sound better and louder than my old...

About this thread

srch4aresn

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
srch4aresn
Palm Beach
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date