Box for jbizzle

mlstrass
5,000+ posts

Shaggy DOA
Illinois
Didn't take any build pics as I didn't have time, but got a few of the finished product. Box is 4.7^3 @ 35hz with 62^2 of port. Double baffle, braced, and 45's in the corners. Black carpet and gray fleckstone port. Nothing too fancy, but it came out pretty nice. Subs are 12" MTX 9500's and it slams VERY nicely. He had a single 12 in a Sledgehammer box before. I read that they're tuned to around 45Hz and I believe it as it was a fart box for sure.

New set up is 100x better on the lows and sounds way better.

1001990qf8.jpg

1001994zq3.jpg

1001995zo6.jpg

1001996ot5.jpg

1001997dr4.jpg

1001998cu8.jpg

1001999ro1.jpg

1002002ld9.jpg

nice ****, looks like you went with some better carpet material, nice logos!!!
Got tired of the stuff from Wal Mart, too many wrinkles in it, so I got a bunch from Parts Express. Nicer to work with also...

logos are 1/4" MDF. Found something online, resized it and printed it out. Then cut out by hand with a razor blade, traced onto the MDF and used a scrolling jigsaw. Once done I just used glue/nail gun to attach them. Took about 2 hours to make them, but I really like the look and it looks better in person...

looks good.

jbizzle--- ditch the cap. get a Deka for the rear. my friend has a 04 Envoy. so if you need help with stuff he can help you out. where are you from? i stay by Midway Airport.

in my friends Envoy he has a Deka up front and a deka in the rear. big 3. and he was running his autotek 4000 and it had slight voltage drops with the stock alt.

he had to send his ho alt to get service.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.