Box for a RE audio 18"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sketchup
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
I have been looking at the RE Audio SX18D2 (18" sub @ 2ohm) and have been trying to see if a box for it would fit in my cars trunk. It requires a 5.5ft.^3 box to 8.0ft.^3. In the screenshot below is a box made off of their website in the box calculator software. Would this box work well being 14" tall, after all the mount depth of the sub is 9.5" or 9.75" I can't remember. The height in the trunk is 17" so I figured a 14" would be fine. How would I find out how many hertz the box is, or better yet would someone be able to calculate that for me. I have been looking at many different subs and am still getting ideas, I just want to see if this is possibility that would work.

View attachment 26530868

I think it was 40wX24dX14h and the port 3". Goto re audios website and the box calculator is in the upper right corner. Sry i didnt respond earlier

Very good point, that is something that i forgot to consider, I guess it is safe to say that I would not be able to put a 18 in my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.