Sundown NSv2 18s wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

caseyarndt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
West MI
My friend wants to wall of his daily driver, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, with 2 18" Nightshades.

His goal is to get a hairtrick.

Will be ran off an AB VFL500.1, 5300 watts and has the proper electrical.

The space he has to work with is 36'' height 41'' width and 27'' depth.

I have a design but let me know what you think.

36x41x27 , 222 sqin port , tuned to 30 hz , 10.57 cuft net (db, and .3 cuft bracing)

He is considering doubling up everything, so 1.5" thick all around, do you think that would be necessary or would good bracing be enough?

Yea I live just south of grand rapids.

anyone have bracing recommendations?

I have never built a box even close to this big before

For the sake of doing it right the first time I would definitely double wall it, unless you can weld it all very good. Is this going to be a sealed wall or what? (sealed from the back that is)

yes sealed from the back, port and subs firing forward.

I could put them in separate boxes for added bracing and safer for the subs. then just put a single flush mount baffle(on top of each double baffled box) to connect them and make it look nice

yes sealed from the back, port and subs firing forward.I could put them in separate boxes for added bracing and safer for the subs. then just put a single flush mount baffle(on top of each double baffled box) to connect them and make it look nice
At that point I would just double wall it. Get some resin as well and put some coats on all of the joints to help seal it up and make it stronger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.