Box for 4 15" 187's

bass-aholic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
I would like the actual outside diameter of the box to be 41"W x 25"H x 30"D subs up port back tuned to 30hz and for 4 15's of course. Subs will be IA 187's off of 3000rms in a ford explorer. I also woud need a cutsheet and i can paypal a few bucks if needed. Thanks in advance!

Why in God's name would you put 3000 watts to 4 187 15's? I hope you know you will not only blow them up, but your warranty will be void. The 187 is a 300 watt RMS/600 watt peak subwoofer. You need to move up the line if you want to run that kind of power. Just my $.02.

i would not be afraid of the power, with gains set properly, crossed over, in the correct box, it should be fine, but that is rarely done correctly, so i see smoke in his future.

i would not be afraid of the power, with gains set properly, crossed over, in the correct box, it should be fine, but that is rarely done correctly, so i see smoke in his future.
My sentiments exactly. In a perfectly unclipped signal world he may be ok, but that is not going to happen.

why 30hz? i just dont understand why people want a box tuned so low. try like 38hz and it would be louder across more sound!
Depends on the other aspects of the setup, like how low can your mids play? The transfer function of the vehicle is also important, ie: what frequency range gets an added boost from your cabin?

I'd personally never tune at 38hz...ever. At least not for daily driving. But that has to do with the fact that I prefer a flatter response across a broader range that works for me(25hz-60hz is all I need). Tuning at 38hz isn't going to do me much good, not to mention the nasty spike that it'll have in the mid 40's that would drive me crazy.

Why in God's name would you put 3000 watts to 4 187 15's? I hope you know you will not only blow them up, but your warranty will be void. The 187 is a 300 watt RMS/600 watt peak subwoofer. You need to move up the line if you want to run that kind of power. Just my $.02.
3kw is what he has available, doesn't mean he'll put it to use(or even be able to). In a ported box I can almost promise you that those 187's will reach mechanical limits before reaching the 750 watts each that he has available.

3kw is what he has available, doesn't mean he'll put it to use(or even be able to). In a ported box I can almost promise you that those 187's will reach mechanical limits before reaching the 750 watts each that he has available.
Actually, a few guys run these things with 750+ everyday

Nick and I were talking about em last week.

2 187's and a 20.1

they take a buttload of power!

just depends if you know what your doing or not

Thaks to those who contributed, and fack those who think i will blow them without knowing a thing about me or the subs. And tuning to 30hz and below is common and what i like, just because you cant get loud at low frequences doesn't mean no one can. Its my system, i could't give a **** less if you dont like it.

Thaks to those who contributed, and fack those who think i will blow them without knowing a thing about me or the subs. And tuning to 30hz and below is common and what i like, just because you cant get loud at low frequences doesn't mean no one can. Its my system, i could't give a **** less if you dont like it.
i run mine at 28hz by the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.